Chapter One: The Star and the Sylvan Sea

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Mint

Re: Chapter One: The Star and the Sylvan Sea

Post by Mint »

"Well to be sure there are minstrels aboard as you know since they played for us our first night together. But singers? No."
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

"hmm, that the truly strange indeed..." (alrone)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Edward nods a hello at the Captain and quietly begins eating his meal. He listens to the others and hopes that they never decide to take up the theater because they'd starve as actors.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Captain Galway returns Edward's nod with a kindly smile and a nod of his own before falling to his meal with gusto. Between bites and the occasional swig of wine he relates the day's events finishing with, "Well, the good news is that the blizzard has blown itself out. The bad news, however, is that we will be a little later making port than I had hoped. Not by much mind. I had planned on us mooring just after dawn but it looks to be more like midmorning now."
Longman

Post by Longman »

William eats his meal quietly. In his mind, he is already onshore.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Elizabeth eats lightly as well, not comfortable with such rich fare. She's distracted as well, her mind elsewhere.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Mint

Post by Mint »

When it looks like everyone has had their fill of dinner the stewards clear away the remains of the meal and come around with desert and tea or coffee, also leaving a bottle of cognac in a decanter and fresh glasses should anyone care for a drink.

At a nod from the captain they leave after lowering the lights so that the room is lit by the glow from the small lamp left lit in the center of the room.

The Captain leans back for a moment sighs and produces first a pipe and then a pouch with tobacco. A moment later the pipe is lit and drawing well, lighting Galway's weathered features with it's ruddy glow.

"I ask that you take seriously what I am about to say" he begins and pauses looking at each of you in turn from under his heavy brows.

"We sail into Caerton tomorrow and we carry perhaps the most precious cargo this age has seen. I cannot impress upon you too much the urgency of the mission I am about to ask you to undertake. I know that we have known each other only these few days but I have it on good authority that you are all persons of good character and quality...untested it is true...and young...but still possessing fiber often lacking these days."

"So I ask you now...will you undertake to deliver this cargo for me? You have a paladin with you unless I miss my guess, and a druid also. Test me for evil if you will. I assure you, you will find none. Nor any deception."

The Captain leans back, waiting for your answer...
Longman

Post by Longman »

William keeps his mouth shut for the time being. He has already stated on numerous occasions that we should accept, so we can find out what the job is. That will do.
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Thank you for being honest with us. You can count on assistance from the Abertawe Guard."
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »