Chapter One: The Star and the Sylvan Sea

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

black1blade

Re: Chapter One: The Star and the Sylvan Sea

Post by black1blade »

Mint wrote:The woman, who is wearing a homespun brown dress and a worn cloak of the same color, looks up and you see her eyes are a bright green as they hold you for a moment in their gaze.

She seems about to object but then nods slightly and indicates the chair opposite her at the table. "I was just about to have breakfast. Mr....?"
Alrone lights up: "Mr.Smithen I suppose you would say if I used that title although please call me Alrone. I am not all to fond of my last name you see... Anyway" He pipes up again. "What do you like for breakfast my fair lady?" I give an astute bow. As I talk to her, I attempt to deduce if she is human, where she may have come from, any subtle features ect.
Mint

Post by Mint »

As you begin your conversation one of the stewards comes up and takes your orders. She orders something light and simple. After taking your orders the steward departs and returns in a few moments with your meals, serves you silently, and then leaves the two of you alone.

While waiting for the meal she informs you that her name is Lianai. She is human but, after a moment's close inspection of her features, which are fine boned and delicate, it occurs to you that you can't quite place where her origin might be. Like her face, her body (what you can make of it under the concealing drab dress and cloak) appears to continue the fine boned theme and slender build. She has slim hands and long fingers which seem quite dexterous. Her speech is quiet yet musical.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Mint wrote:As you begin your conversation one of the stewards comes up and takes your orders. She orders something light and simple. After taking your orders the steward departs and returns in a few moments with your meals, serves you silently, and then leaves the two of you alone.

While waiting for the meal she informs you that her name is Lianai. She is human but, after a moment's close inspection of her features, which are fine boned and delicate, it occurs to you that you can't quite place where her origin might be. Like her face, her body (what you can make of it under the concealing drab dress and cloak) appears to continue the fine boned theme and slender build. She has slim hands and long fingers which seem quite dexterous. Her speech is quiet yet musical.
"Lianai, a nice name indeed. So ,sorry to be blunt, but what brings you upon this ship? Those mists seem rather un-nerving do they not?" I take an elegant sip of my beverage (a coffee in a small cup).
Last edited by black1blade on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mint

Post by Mint »

(OOC: The drink if either coffee or tea - your choice)

She looks away for a moment, her face coloring faintly, and her hair catches the sun. Looking back she takes a sip of her tea. "I am on my way to Caerton. I have just taken a position there for a short time at Twin Moon tavern. And you? What brings you aboard the Sylvan Sea?"
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

I put down my cup and lean back from my chair "I suppose that is the golden question. I am a wonderer myself, going from place to place although what I really seek is... I'll show you" I arc my right hand over the half filled cup of coffee, close my eyes and mutter a few words under my breath. Using my magic I attempt to lift the cup the my mouth and take a sip (mage hand). My control over the mage hand in comparison to how I would normally hold a cup is rather clumsy and I get I little milky-coffee moustache thing (as a matter of fact intentional :roll: )
Mint

Post by Mint »

Meanwhile, up on deck...
Woe wrote:Elizabeth is up topside, soaking up the sun. If anyone is up for sparring on the deck, she'd be willing to do the same (assuming she'd be able to stay out of the way of the crew). Almost all of her gear, including weapons and armor, is in her locker down midship.
Several of the younger crew, working at the lines and holystoning the deck, sneak a glance or two your way before smiling bashfully, looking away again and then talking to each other in low voices which seem to convey a tone of admiration. Further up the deck the grizzled Bosun keeps a stern eye on things with his hands behind his back holding the crop traditional to his job.
Mint

Post by Mint »

And back to Alrone...

Lianai smiles delightedly her eyes sparkling at your simple trick. "You wander about looking for magic then? I am sort of the same. I don't really wander but I do travel a lot as my work takes me from port to port and city to city. As for magic...well some have said that what I do is magical I suppose." She looks down again and then, after a moment, begins eating again.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Alrone is happy that he has made her smile "You have magical abilities? I am intrigued...I knew there was more to you than meets the eye." I chuckle then quickly tuck into my (insert food here) as casting the magical afflicted a astute level of fatigue upon me.
Longman

Post by Longman »

William takes a quick look at the heaving green grey water, and realizing that land is nowhere to be seen (by him at least), decides to head back downstairs.

You seem to have this situation covered, sergeant Wolfe. Call me if there is anything you need.

He also nods a good morning to the half-orc and responds to his greeting. You think table manners are bad! There are some people in my town who will look down their nose at you just because you do not know what a chevron between six rams accosted, counter trippant, means. Anyway, would you mind doing me a favor? Keep an eye on my friend sergeant Wolfe for me? I'm afraid the sea is not my friend, this morning.

After that he re-enters the dining room and finds the half-elf Alrone and the mystery woman in green doing whatever they are doing.

(Levitating a cup of coffee! Magic! But only of a fairly common variety. Still, it is useful to know which of the other passengers has the use of it.)
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

I turn to William (showing that I recognise him) with a mouthful of fish, then turn back to Lianai.