Chapter One: The Star and the Sylvan Sea

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter One: The Star and the Sylvan Sea

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Maybe its his daughter? Or a poor waif princess whose father was murdered and the captain is helping get her to a new home. I just haven't seen where any of these stories about females on board mean they are bad or evil. I don't know any of you folk, but I am sure you don't tell everything there is to know about you right away. That don't make you evil." Edward pauses, thinks for a moment, brows creased. "I suppose it doesn't anyway." he sort of mumbles.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Alrone speaks up "I know not this shaha, only a red haired woman calling her self Lianai and I haven't seen her since the other day upon the ship..." Alrone ponders for a second and then asks a crew member "Do you know where we can get a list of the people on board this vessel as well as a brief description of their appearance ect?"
Mint

Post by Mint »

black1blade wrote:Alrone speaks up "I know not this shaha, only a red haired woman calling her self Lianai and I haven't seen her since the other day upon the ship..." Alrone ponders for a second and then asks a crew member "Do you know where we can get a list of the people on board this vessel as well as a brief description of their appearance ect?"
A friendly young steward notices your signal and makes his way next to you with an inquiring look. After hearing your question he thinks for a moment. "Well the purser would probably have a list of passengers and another of the crew. Unless someone had a writ from a magistrate, however, I doubt he would release either to anyone but the Captain. Privacy you understand. As far as appearances? No. No one would have that. Perhaps if you told me what you needed it for I might be able to help?"
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Alrone replies "Yeah I'm looking a young woman with red hair and a golden complexion. Have you seen anyone to fit that description during the past days? I had breakfast with her a couple of days ago but I haven't been able to find her since."
Mint

Post by Mint »

The steward smiles and his eyes widen, "You must mean Lianai. She's to be singing at Twin Moon tavern for a short engagement. She wants..." He pauses suddenly, still as stone, and his eyes seem to stare into the distance briefly then he shakes his head in confusion before continuing. "I beg your pardon sir I...well isn't that the strangest thing...?" he mutters to himself. His eyes go blank and he shakes his head again, blinks his eyes and asks, "More crumpets? Of course sir. Right away." He moves away mumbling about crumpets before disappearing through a door.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Alrone looks worried but accepts the crumpets (he could never say no to crumpets). I ask everyone else "did the rest of you just hear that?"
Longman

Post by Longman »

Well, that is precisely the sort of thing I find suspicious says William. That poor man was clearly addled by phantasm. To what end?

He continues listening he the conversation but says nothing further.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Alrone ponders for a second then casts detect magic on the crew member while being served his crumpets (lavished in butter and honey I assume)
Mint

Post by Mint »

black1blade wrote:Alrone ponders for a second then casts detect magic on the crew member while being served his crumpets (lavished in butter and honey I assume)
Alrone casts his spell but does not see a glow around the steward. He does, however, hear a merry laugh in his mind and once again could swear he sees the smiling face of Lianai as she looks over her shoulder at him as she leaves the dining room the day before. Like faintly tinkling silver bells her voice echoes softly, "Come see me. Tavern of the Twin Moon."
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Hmm, Alrone speaks up "I just really want to get to Caerton and be done with all this strangeness of mists and illusionary women/girls... What say we confront the captain directly and hopefully we wont be too far away from port if things go tits up?"