OOC Thread

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Mint

Re: OOC Thread

Post by Mint »

Metroknight wrote:The problem I have right now is finding any art (decent or otherwise) for my character concept.
Alright. Here's what we'll do instead. No pics. Please see the character thread for information about how to do a description.

On that note I'd like to ask that you all write a short paragraph on your character's background.

When writing your backgrounds remember the zeitgeist of the game. This is NOT 21st century Earth transplanted metaphorically into a fantasy world. Teen angst, broken families, horror stories of various sorts of mistreatment at the hands of lairds, lords, sundry ladies, barbarians, etc. simply wouldn't happen in Angland. Remember. Population is relatively sparse for the level of both mundane tech and the arcane arts. This means that there are plenty of resources for everyone. As a result many of the social issues we face today as a result, mainly, of crowding and not enough basic resources to go around simply do not exist and haven't. Try to place yourselves in that kind of mind set. People are actually relatively nice to each other in general. You might put it as "people don't lock their doors at night". While there are nobles and kings and such they don't oppress people and generally stay out of the way and let the yeomanry get on with the business of making the world turn round. In a like manner the church doesn't involve itself in politics and shouldn't be thought of as an analogue to any religious institution in our world. I will be writing up on religion in the World thread. Hope this helps a wee bit.
Mint

Post by Mint »

I have posted a sample character and a blank character sheet in the Character thread. The thread is still locked because I want to finish adding in World information before you all make final decisions about your characters. At this point everything is still fluid and you can still choose to pick other races or classes. It may be a good idea to wait on that until I say that all the World thread info has been posted.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

I had a question regarding thieves options. Do you let thieves choose where to put the skills points when getting a level ?

Also, do you use the light weapons & Two-weapons fighting rules found in the combat options supplement ?
Mint

Post by Mint »

mTeasdale wrote:I had a question regarding thieves options. Do you let thieves choose where to put the skills points when getting a level ?

Also, do you use the light weapons & Two-weapons fighting rules found in the combat options supplement ?
I've decided to let you all use the combat and thieves options supplements. Please use discretion. While I feel that PCs are heroes in a game it does not mean that I want a character who, through wringing the last erg of possibility out of the rules, ends up being Captain Fantastic. As GM I reserve the right to declare foul if I find that happening.
Mint

Post by Mint »

I've finished writing enough information on Aerth for everyone to be able to work on / finish their characters now. If there's anything you think is missing let me know.

Let's try to have all the character sheets up by the end of Monday, March 8th so that we have all day Tuesday the 9th to correct anything.

I've also unlocked all the threads (with the exception of the original interest check thread). Please only post in the OOC and Character threads. When we begin there will be Chapter threads. Those will be the main IC threads which you will, naturally, be able to post in as well.

We will begin when all the characters are done. I hope to start on Wednesday the 10th. :D
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Mint wrote:I've finished writing enough information on Aerth for everyone to be able to work on / finish their characters now. If there's anything you think is missing let me know.

Let's try to have all the character sheets up by the end of Monday, March 8th so that we have all day Tuesday the 9th to correct anything.

I've also unlocked all the threads (with the exception of the original interest check thread). Please only post in the OOC and Character threads. When we begin there will be Chapter threads. Those will be the main IC threads which you will, naturally, be able to post in as well.

We will begin when all the characters are done. I hope to start on Wednesday the 10th. :D
Starting on Tuesday the 11th or Wednesday the 10th ? 8-)
Mint

Post by Mint »

mTeasdale wrote:
Mint wrote:I've finished writing enough information on Aerth for everyone to be able to work on / finish their characters now. If there's anything you think is missing let me know.

Starting on Tuesday the 11th or Wednesday the 10th ? 8-)
Oops! :oops:

Characters in by end of Monday 9th
Review and correction of Characters (if necessary) by end of Tuesday 10th
Game Begins Wednesday 11th

Thanks mTeasdale! :D
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

SmootRK wrote:ack... thought things were quiet. Did not notice the move to separate forum :o
Same! I am on a different time scale to you guys (england) so can't say if that would make my deadlines longer or shorter :lol:
Mint

Post by Mint »

black1blade:

Other than one initial first level spell a sorcerer only gets spells that he has seen other magic users using while in game and then only if it is a spell that a magic user of the same level or lower could cast if he has empty "slots" to put them in. Your character currently can know only one spell but has the potential to learn two new spells per new level attained because of his charisma bonus. So at level two he would be able to know a total of three spells, at level three he could know a total of five spells and so on in the same progression. Rather than rolling it or choosing it myself I'll let you choose your one first level spell. You'll have to re-write you background a bit to reflect this.

If it's looking like the sorcerer class is too limited you can still choose to start over if you prefer.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Due to sudden real life issues, I have to bow out of the game. Good Luck and hope you all have a long game.