OOC Thread

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Mint

OOC Thread

Post by Mint »

This is the Season of the Mist campaign OOC thread. OOC questions to the GM and general talk between players can be posted here. Please, do NOT post anything OOC in the main campaign thread. Thank you.
Woe

Re: OOC Thread

Post by Woe »

I'm thinking about changing from a paladin to a normal fighter. Not much will change other than the "touched by the divine" abilities. Ok? I couldn't make the stats work without having either a slow-witted or slow-moving paladin given how paladins have two minimum stats at 11.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Mint

Post by Mint »

Woe wrote:I'm thinking about changing from a paladin to a normal fighter. Not much will change other than the "touched by the divine" abilities. Ok? I couldn't make the stats work without having either a slow-witted or slow-moving paladin given how paladins have two minimum stats at 11.
There isn't any problem with you changing classes at this point. I don't have Aerth completely firmed up yet in any case.

I do see that there is a problem if you want your STR and DEX or CON to be at least 13 each. You'd be a point shy. You could, however, take any one of those three stats to 16, giving you a +2 in that one stat.
Woe

Post by Woe »

It does, but it means the paladin would only be good at one thing (STR, in your example) with everything else average. If instead I play a regular fighter, I could have 9x6=54+11, giving a 16 and a 13; being more exceptional relative to the median human.

Or another way to look at it: which would I rather have, a CON of 13 or the ability to detect good at all times + emanate a holy aura but also at the cost of 15% additional xp? I dunno.

Besides, it's been a while since I've played a normal fighter. Heh. I could even play her as thinking she's a paladin, running around detecting good on others, and not knowing she's really not touched by holiness. :lol:
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Mint

Post by Mint »

Woe wrote:It does, but it means the paladin would only be good at one thing (STR, in your example) with everything else average. If instead I play a regular fighter, I could have 9x6=54+11, giving a 16 and a 13; being more exceptional relative to the median human.

Or another way to look at it: which would I rather have, a CON of 13 or the ability to detect good at all times + emanate a holy aura but also at the cost of 15% additional xp? I dunno.

Besides, it's been a while since I've played a normal fighter. Heh. I could even play her as thinking she's a paladin, running around detecting good on others, and not knowing she's really not touched by holiness. :lol:
I like the way you think. :lol:
Personally I love playing fighters. They're versatile and simple giving a player lots of room to roleplay.
Mint

Post by Mint »

I am adding information about Aerth now. I anticipate that we should be able to actually be able to start the game next week. In the meantime there is plenty to do. Please feel free to use this time to ask me questions and to make suggestions.
artikid

Post by artikid »

Let me recap, so far we've got:

Woe: Fighter or Paladin, dwarf
Black1blade: Sorceror, half-elf
SmootRK: Druid or cleric, halfling
mTeasdale: Thief, human
Artikid: Fighter/MU, elf
Metroknight: Scout, canine

Nightwulf has yet to say what character he intends to play.

@Mint: may I suggest you consider using the Thief options supplement?
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

The problem I have right now is finding any art (decent or otherwise) for my character concept.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

ack... thought things were quiet. Did not notice the move to separate forum :o
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Mint

Post by Mint »

artikid wrote:Let me recap, so far we've got:

Woe: Fighter or Paladin, dwarf
Black1blade: Sorceror, half-elf
SmootRK: Druid or cleric, halfling
mTeasdale: Thief, human
Artikid: Fighter/MU, elf
Metroknight: Scout, canine

Nightwulf has yet to say what character he intends to play.

@Mint: may I suggest you consider using the Thief options supplement?
Nightwulf is on our waiting list as we are chock full of character goodness at the moment.
I will take a moment to consider using the thief options supplement. Hmmmm...(moment passes)...no. Just kidding. I'll get back to you on that RSN.