Play By Post (PBP) Interest Check

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Mint

Play By Post (PBP) Interest Check

Post by Mint »

You all don't hear from me very much on this board other than the occasional silly stick-my-foot-in-my-mouth post but I visit here daily. I've noticed, recently, that one of the PBP games got shuffled off into the inactive list and that another one may soon be following it.

So here's the thing. I don't have a lot of opportunity to play BFRPG live given where I live and the time demands of school and work but I still want to play. So. I'm willing to start and run a PBP BFRPG campaign if I can find at least one person (and up to a maximum of six people) who can commit to one post a day. This isn't asking a lot. Depending on the post you won't spend any more than, say, five to fifteen minutes a day.

If such brave and dedicated people exist then please respond in this thread sometime during the next seven days or so. For my part I will spend the time to provide you with the best campaign I can.

This campaign will be classic high fantasy. Once I see that there is interest of any sort I will be glad to get more specific.

Thanks!
SmootRK

Re: Play By Post (PBP) Interest Check

Post by SmootRK »

I have been waiting for a new game to start. I was in one of the ones that peter'd out a long time ago. I had been busy with work/life stuff a lot, but I have gotten a bit more stable in my position and can manage a PbP now (at least the sort you mention, once or so a day posting).

So yes, you got one so far. 8-)
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I'm running a BFRPG flavored risus pbp game else where and a roll20 BFRPG campaign but I'm willing to be a player in a bfrpg pbp if you will have me.

Is this going to be a crawl or rping? I mucked up one person's pbp by rping when they wanted a crawl with hack n slash so I'm very cautious about joining games now.

Is it going to be core only or supplements also? If supplements then which ones?

Any specific house rules? I figured those are going to get posted in the campaign board if any are used but I was just curious about them now.

Sorry to bombard you with questions like this right off the bat.
artikid

Post by artikid »

As I'm doing very little face-to-face gaming right now and spend a lot of time at the computer I might be interested too.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

I would probably be down too, I visit the forum pretty much everyday too. But I also would like to know the supplements used as the general feel (dungeon crawl vs roleplaying).
Mint

Post by Mint »

Wow. Four people! In less than...a few hours. I'm flabbergasted. Really. I fully expected to come back and see no posts at all but figured...what the heck.

I am adamant about one point. Daily posts. I mean it. One post a day as a minimum is not too much to ask for I feel. We all have lives. I know this. Most of us have school or work or relationships or friends or any combination of the above that place demands on us. Free time is small. But. We are also very flexible in this modern world of ours and finding a few minutes here and there daily is doable by anyone. I accept that there are inevitable things that can happen and for that reason I will allow a person to miss a daily post once a month. This may sound strict but keep in mind that everyone else has to wait for everyone to post usually so if someone doesn't post daily then everyone else not only has to wait on them but also wastes their time looking to see if there was a post. I am not above leniency on a case by case basis but...be aware that repeat offenders will find their characters have been given the proverbial divine ZOT! of death.

For my part I will post at the very least once daily and more as is required to keep the story flowing. This means more time spent on my part than I am asking of you. As should be since I will be bearing the mantle of GM. Just mentioning it to show that this can be done.

Now for your questions:

This will be (due to mechanics more than anything) more roleplaying than die rolling. This does not mean that there won't be occasions where I will roll dice. Many times you may not even be aware that it happened but it did. That said I will be opening a thread for character sheets in which I expect a goodly character background.

I will use BFRPG core rules. As for supplements I know that I will be using the Equipment Emporium and the Combat Options. There may be parts in them that I will not allow and there may be other supplements that I will include as we get closer to actually starting.

House rules. I'm very liberal when it comes to generating stats. Take that as you will. I am well aware of the pros and cons of this. I will probably be using the "x number of points to spend" way of doing things or the " 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16" rule. You'll each have a set amount of starting gold. More on that in the future.

I will be the GM. That means that I will present the scene for you to play in and provide the NPCs to interact with. I will try not to railroad or use the game as a moral or political platform. There will probably not be a lot of long distance overland adventuring. The setting will most likely take place in a city and it's more or less immediate environs.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

I'm interested, keep a place for me please !
artikid

Post by artikid »

Ok, I'm in
Woe

Post by Woe »

Mint, I'll play if you still have room. I like the fast-paced PbPs.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
black1blade

Post by black1blade »