Play By Post (PBP) Interest Check

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Woe

Re: Play By Post (PBP) Interest Check

Post by Woe »

FWIW, I liked the campaign background perfectly fine even before the disclaimer. It's very much how I recall reading about medieval England when I was a kid, before reality set in with history lessons about plagues and dynastic power struggles and King Arthur not being real. :)

The more I think about it, the more I think I'll play a human paladin... especially since particle physicist seems to be out.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

My main character choice would have been a halfling fighter, but I'm down for pretty much anything needed for the party.

Edit : Actually, I'll do the thief please, human. I've got a cool idea for him. Plus, I never played a thief.
artikid

Post by artikid »

mTeasdale wrote: Edit : Actually, I'll do the thief please, human. I've got a cool idea for him. Plus, I never played a thief.
OK, I'll leave the thief to you.
So I'm up for the Elf, simple Fighter or F/M-U I've yet to make up my mind.

@Mint: thank you very much for offering to DM, take all the time you need.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Hmm with it being in a city, a ranger would not work. A scout would if I retermed it as a bounty hunter. Yeah, a caneins hunter of men sounds like something interesting to play. The skills would play out well to be a bounty hunter.

Now to think of the barkground some.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Half-elven sorcerer okay?
Mint

Post by Mint »

Any race and class listed in the core rules or supplements is alright as long as they follow the rules.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Assuming druid is OK, I will do Halfling (race flexible at this point) Druid, with a background of growing up working as grounds care-taker of this megalithic religious organization. He follows the religion (more info on the religion please, sounds rather Catholic inspired) in its basic sense but has realized that he has a certain (even divine) affinity towards critters, plants, and other aspects of nature (more of a St. Francis type - not so much the Celtic Mother Earth worshiper). He follows the directives of the church organization like any other faithful layman would, but understands he is not actually part of the church clergy and might even be persecuted for his non-traditional or even heretical manner of worship (not to the deity itself, but to the religious/political-like church hierarchy).

This all sound OK?
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Mint

Post by Mint »

SmootRK wrote:Assuming druid is OK, I will do Halfling (race flexible at this point) Druid, with a background of growing up working as grounds care-taker of this megalithic religious organization. He follows the religion (more info on the religion please, sounds rather Catholic inspired) in its basic sense but has realized that he has a certain (even divine) affinity towards critters, plants, and other aspects of nature (more of a St. Francis type - not so much the Celtic Mother Earth worshiper). He follows the directives of the church organization like any other faithful layman would, but understands he is not actually part of the church clergy and might even be persecuted for his non-traditional or even heretical manner of worship (not to the deity itself, but to the religious/political-like church hierarchy).

This all sound OK?
Overall this is fine. Whilst the church is, in a sense, inspired by the medieval hierarchical structure this is where the similarities end. There is an overall Divinity. However, beneath this Divinity are the other lesser divinities. Each of the monastic orders of the church focus their worship on one of these as it is considered beyond the ability of mortals to come into direct contact with the Divinity itself. Also, in this world there has been no recorded instance of persecution as we think of it. To be sure there are evil lesser divinities - and they really are evil not just misunderstood or displaced. These, of course, are not in the church. The cleric in this game is a member of one of the militant orders who devote their time and energy to eradicating the minions of these evil divinities. Think, if you will, Iluvatar and the Ainur. The Valar and Maiar from the Silmarillion. So your character could certainly be a druid but he wouldn't be persecuted.
Mint

Post by Mint »

I have emailed Solomoriah with the pertinent information he requested so we are now a step closer to having a game.

I have firmed down on stat generation so you all can start working on that. After going through the various games played here I've decided to use the point system. This is where one point equals one stat point. You have 65 to play with. No stat can be under 8.

Don't think of any of the stats as "dump" stats.

CHA will be played. In this game CHA is equal parts personality and beauty. If you took the stat and divided it out a CHA score of 10 could be the average of PER 12 and BEA 8 for example. It's up to you to describe in your background your character's looks and personality so as to reconcile them with you CHA score.

Even if you aren't a wizard or a cleric you still have to play your character's INT and WIS. Or if you aren't the athletic type don't think you don't have to play your STR, DEX, and CON.

Stats aren't just combat descriptors. They are also roleplay guides.

Moving on.

I'm closing in on the monetary system. We will use the core rules and the equipment emporium to make beginning purchases. In this game a coin weighs one ounce so there are 16 coins to a pound. 10 copper = 1 silver, 20 silver = 1 gold. You will start with 12 gold. Don't worry. When you make your purchases treat the listed price in gold as though it were in silver and any prices in silver as though they were copper. In this world precious metals are worth much more.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Hey I know I'm late but could I join??? I haven't read the whole thread so I don't really know exactly what your allowing in the game but I'll read it when I've got more time. I just wanted to see if there was more room for me to join is all
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale