Play By Post (PBP) Interest Check

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Mint

Re: Play By Post (PBP) Interest Check

Post by Mint »

Alright. Yay! Thanks for your votes of confidence. I'll approach Solomoriah and see if he can kindly allow us a thread (and teach a poor benighted PBP newbie the ins and outs of how the whole threading thing works). It may take a bit because he has his own concerns with work, family, and writing his book.

In the meantime I'll try to get a bit more concrete on specifics and I ask that you all give me a little idea of what race / class you'd like to play. Please don't look for loop-holes in the rules that will make you a super character. It's not really about that. I won't guarantee that your character won't die but I'm not out to kill off anyone either. The nature of PBPs makes it a time consuming thing when a character is lost.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

While I am usually on daily and can theoretically manage 1 post per day. There are days that are more demanding than others for me which could keep me from managing a post of any real substance, though I could jump in with something like "so-and-so concurs" or statement of "present". Sometimes even my weekends can be like this. I hesitate to acquiesce to such a stringent requirement, but I am interested otherwise to a gentleman's agreement on daily posts.

If that is not acceptable, I understand.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
artikid

Post by artikid »

I usually play thieves or elves (Fighter/M-U) but I'm ready to play whatever is needed by the party.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

I go away from the internet like a week max each year so hopefully it wont be a problem. Maybe if I warn a long time in advanced then it will be okay? :lol: As for stats, having an array with a minus stat would be more interesting. Maybe 7,9,11,13,15,17? still pretty high fantasy but your character is flawed in some way which is nice.
Mint

Post by Mint »

black1blade wrote:I go away from the internet like a week max each year so hopefully it wont be a problem. Maybe if I warn a long time in advanced then it will be okay? :lol: As for stats, having an array with a minus stat would be more interesting. Maybe 7,9,11,13,15,17? still pretty high fantasy but your character is flawed in some way which is nice.
Let me think about your suggestion some. It is valid but I want to give some further thought to the campaign as a whole. Thanks for the idea and taking the time to post.

If you give me a long enough lead time it should be alright if you are gone for like a week. Something can be worked out to where your character has something to do away from the party as a whole. We all know how that goes. Don't be surprised, though, if you come back and find that your character has suddenly had a romantic fling and is now the proud parent of twins. Kidding. Sort of.
Mint

Post by Mint »

SmootRK wrote:While I am usually on daily and can theoretically manage 1 post per day. There are days that are more demanding than others for me which could keep me from managing a post of any real substance, though I could jump in with something like "so-and-so concurs" or statement of "present". Sometimes even my weekends can be like this. I hesitate to acquiesce to such a stringent requirement, but I am interested otherwise to a gentleman's agreement on daily posts.

If that is not acceptable, I understand.
Thanks Smoot. I realize that with my stringency on daily posts that situations such as yours will occur. I can't reasonably expect enlightening prose on a daily basis. I'm hoping that anyone will post as much as they can. There will be occasions when a few paragraphs will be needed (like when writing up a character background - I will try to provide a sample character for everyone to emulate). There will be occasions when only a short paragraph is needed. There will be fewer occasions when only a line will suffice. I don't want this to be a chore for anyone. I want you all in the game because you want to be. I expect there will come days when I find myself wishing I could just not show. I will try to be here anyway. But, yes, if any of you are feeling badly, if work or life or whatever has you down and you need to just post a line or two then that's fine. You'll be surprised, I think, about how easy it becomes when it becomes habit.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

That is the sort of answer I expected.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Mint

Post by Mint »

Alright.

Here's the list of people that, as far as I know right now, are going to play:

SmootRK
Metroknight
artikid
mTeasdale
Woe
black1blade

That gives us the max 6 I initially asked for. I also have one person who PM'd me that will go on my waiting list. If you still want to play don't worry. I may not have room for you this very second but things happen no matter how good our intentions are and if you indicate that you'd like to be added to the waiting list I will contact you as soon as an opening happens.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Glad I got in quick. I imagine that somebody will drop out at some point. Also it would be really cool if I left a character and they did have a romantic fling although will the game so fast passed that 9 months could go in a week ok play time? :lol: Also writing paragraphs is fun fun fun. Wondering which class to play. I have never been a vanilla fighter before so maybe I could go with vulgrix warrior of the north his deft with a spear fabled in his village of 100...
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I have a working idea but it needs confirmation from the GM about specific supplements being allowed.

Caneins race mentions ranger class but the ranger classes states only specific races that does not include Caneins. Would that mix of Caneins Ranger be allowed?