Chapter 1-2: snowblinder

SerGavin's forum for his play-by-post game.

Moderator: SerGavin

Jandolar

Re: Chapter 1-2: snowblinder

Post by Jandolar »

Just an update here.... Reese would really prefer not to die in this bar. :D
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Irvius

Post by Irvius »

OOG: Sorry for my late reply!

Yon felt the shockwave inside him even after it faded away, that was something never felt, yet it assured him to have done the right thing, the creature was evil, and a powerful one.
Wounds ached, noise filled his ears, but his training in the monastery taught him to make sure other people were good before him. The sight of Reese laying unconscious catched immediately his eye, before Simon's words asking for help.
Help me Simon, maybe we are in time to save Reese, just watch for other incoming perils while I call Lady's blessing upon her.
Then Yon set aside his blade, tried to concentrate even if the ripples of the shattered evil still resonate in his heart, then he laid his hands on Reese's head, asking the Lady to mend her wounds...
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Golden light flows gracefully from Yons hands dancing around the snowflakes and floating gently into the deep frozen wounds that stemmed the flow of blood. Gently Reeses flesh knits back together glowing gold and warming her and the surrounding area turning snow into water.

Reese is unceremoniously yanked back into the conscious world, sitting up and then violently coughing up blood. The hole in her sternum is sealed over but will still take a while to fully heal and will most definitely leave a large jagged scar in its place, a reminder of this particular struggle. Reeses feels weak and slightly sick and the smell of copper fills the cold harsh air.

Yons wounds ache acutely and cause sharp lances of pain when he moves his arm the ice that had sealed the wound cracking slightly. Yon knows that this must be addressed soon lest he lose his arm to gangrene.

Simon however is fine.

The hooded figure that was until recently nailed to the wooden post, dislodged by the ice creatures demise wakes up looking confused and in pain and the shakily removes a small vial from a locket around his neck uncaps it and downs the contents before anyone can react. A dim golden glow surrounds his ankles and wrists then dissipates and his breathing becomes regular.

All that remains of the ice creature is it's severed arm gleaming with a cold blue light.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Simon watches the hooded man as he heals himself, " Wh-wh-who are yyyy-you and wh-wh-wha-" , He stops closing his eyes and stands there for a few seconds, His eyes move rapidly behind closed lids. He opens his eyes and grins in an unpleasant sort of way, "Me T'ink I's take oover from 'Ere, Who ya be an' whadday wan'?", A strange accent has crept into his speech erasing his stutter and deepening his voice, "Cause if'n ya wanna hurt us I's ki-kill ya afore ya hurt the stutterin' fool." he grins wider tightening the grip on his weapon.
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Reese coughs up some blood and opens her eyes. Now that she knows she'll live another day she looks up into Yons face and before he can move or react she wipes her face with her sleeve and throws a hug around the healers shoulders. Pulling away with a smile. Thanks Yon! I owe you one. Gathering herself together she stands and in the process of settling her gear she stops and stares at Simon..... the new and strange voice coming from him makes her step back, unlimber her bow and knock an arrow. What in the hells??
Last edited by Jandolar on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Simon, Or rather this 'other', turns to Reese, " 'Ello Reese, Si 'Ere.", He taps the side of his head, E's too shy ta say anythin' but 'E likes ya. Me? not so much.." The stutter is completely removed from his voice, Simon sees the bow and grins tilting his head to the side slightly, "What ya gonna do wit that? Kill me? HA! Ya can't! If ya kill me, ya kill 'im too.", He lowered the sword, looked at the others, and took a deep breath, "Now, I's ain't gonna be 'Ere long so don't ya worry I's just didn't want Si to faint.. Plus I wanted ya to know I'm 'Ere.", He walks near the hooded figure, "So who are ya? Why ya 'Ere?.. I's ain't gonna hurt ya, Well, not much anyway.."
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Fraetor

Post by Fraetor »

The figure lifts his hood. He is an elf with long light brown hair tied behind his head. "Um, I am Olek, Olek Novak" He looks around nervously at the party in front of him. "Thank you, I suppose that demon would have had me if not for you. Are my companions here?" He looks around and seems to consider something for a moment. He mumbles "No then, I suppose not." Speaking to Simon he says "I am here on a matter of great import. You know how Racoa and Kardren can't make war due to the Veil mountains. Well the people I work for have heard rumor of a passage through the mountains and I and my companions, all of whom are now likely slain by that demon, came to investigate. You wouldn't happen to be Racoan military would you?" At this thought he looks at you fearfully.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Not taking her eyes from Simon nor easing the slight tension on the bow string Reese speaks. Olek? I don't really recall seeing you in the tavern last night although I must admit to being rather impulsive with the drink. In answer to your question no, we are not military. Just a traveling group out for a little adventure.

Speaking now to Simon, or his other self. Who are you?

I went back and edited the above post where Yon healed Reese. At the time it seemed in character for her but on thought I think it might have been a bit too impulsive even for her.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

The Other looks at Reese, " I's guess I should tell ya my name, I am Zane Barclay.", He bows in an exaggerated, almost disrespectful, way, "And none of ya need ta introduce ya selves I was watchin' when Si met ya.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Zane. Why are you here now? Have you possessed Simon? If so demon we have here a well established healer that can banish you as easily as I can put a yard of arrow through your eye. Explain yourself!! Reese will begin her movement. Facing Simon/Zane she'll back step to put distance between them without getting near Olek in case the Elf has something to do with this. While moving she'll raise her bow and go to half draw knowing that she can complete the draw and fire in a heartbeat.

OOC I know what a split personality is but Reese does not.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18