Chapter 1: Snowblind

SerGavin's forum for his play-by-post game.

Moderator: SerGavin

SerGavin

Re: Chapter 1: Snowblind

Post by SerGavin »

Kiri peers closely at the body's.

"Aaron, what do you see?"
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"Assassins" whispers Aaron. "This is no what it appears" he says, just loud enough so that the others can hear. "We are not safe here. Gather your things. I feel that we should leave soon."
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Reese: Leaving sounds good to me.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"Someone watch the door" says Aaron. "Those who haven't yet, retrieve your equipment. To exit this inn without would be foolishness."

Aaron then looks down at his wrist band, and scowls.

SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Kiri says "I will watch the doors,quickly, retrieve your gear and then we must be off!"
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Reese gets her gear and returns to Kiris side. I'm outside to scout the exit and offer cover. Watch my back. With that she leaves through the door and disappears into the gloom, her bow ready.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

As Reese treads carefully out of the door, a terrible vista unfolds before her. Body's litter the frozen central street the fresh snow now stained red. many of the houses are beginning to catch fire and a few are already a roaring blaze. black smoke raises in high columns contrasting the white sky. all the body's outside are ripped apart in a similar fashion to the victims inside the inn.

It seems that the entire population of village have been murdered the women and children were not spared and their body's also litter the streets. looking around you can see that the general shop is barricaded shut and it is some distance from the fires.

upon closer inspection you can see a sigil of blood carefully drawn in the snow. you recognise this to be the emblem of the Kardren border scouts and ranger corps who operate almost exclusively in the north. Everyone in the party who hails from Kardren knows that they are the most elite soldiers on either side of the border. However Reese knows that this slaughter is not their style. they almost always prefer stealth over carnage and have been know to take out entire cohorts of Racoan legionaries without ever being seen. as far as any of you know they have never operated outside of the white forest. although it would certainly tie in with the arrow holes in the corpses.

the whole village is still and nothing moves as flames lick the, already blackened, walls of the buildings. you note that you don't have the supplies to make a return journey back to moderately civilized parts of Racoa.

A trail of blood drops lead out of the village towards the mountains.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Damn.... Reese mutters. Easing the string on her bow she stands upright and waits for the others. She indicates the boarded up general store and mentions that they should probably check it for supplies or survivors.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Simon follows the group with his sword drawn forcing himself not to look at the carnage around them.
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Aaron steps out behind the others, with his sword in hand as well, scanning the area. "I will stay here by the inn door" he says.