Chapter 1: Snowblind

SerGavin's forum for his play-by-post game.

Moderator: SerGavin

SerGavin

Re: Chapter 1: Snowblind

Post by SerGavin »

"First time I've ever seen them" he mournfully says " If they were my regulars I could build this inn out of solid gold."
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Once Aaron gets back to the table Reese will happily refill her tankard with ale. I was hoping for good dwarven ale, this stuff doesn't have much kick to it but it'll do. Taking a long pull of both pipe and tankard she looks around the room again and then back to the obvious wizard (Hemmet) at the table. This may sound like a dumb request but do you happen to have a Detect Magic handy? I've got a suspicion about this bracelet.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"Well of course they are magic" says Aaron looking at his.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Looking to Aaron Reese replies Probably so but I've seen a false floor or two in my time. I was just thinking if they weren't actually magical at all but we were just told they were... sort of, to keep us in line. Heck we could always saunter over to those drunks that brought us in and slaughter the lot and see if they have the tools to remove these things. If I die fighting them I'd be damn happier about it than dying in some dungeon on a forced mission where my life hangs in the balance no matter if I succeed or fail.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Kiri looks at Reese and nods. "A point. A definite point." Looking around she spots a fork and starts trying to pry the gods forsaken slave bracelet off her wrist with it.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Reese reaches over and covers Kiris wrist and bracelet with her hand. Don't give up the fight before the fights begun lady warrior. If we are indeed slated to do this mission I'd rather do it with you than without. A sword in the hand of the living does some good, a corpse wields nothing and helps no one. Let us see what our wizard says if he can detect the magic upon these manacles of ours yes?
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"Sister, don't act too rashly.If you die, our chances of survival will fall down a notch."
"And I would rather not die."
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

From the shadows come a voice. It is hoarse and vaguely sarcastic.
"As amusing a it would be to see you try. I am afraid it would not be good for your own interests. To continue along that path of actions."

At the same time you hear the rasp of metal on leather and a dull glow Illuminates the shadow for a brief second. Revealing the Man holding an intricate glowing dagger.

"No I don't think that it would be in your best interests at all. But I commend you for the quick thinking. And had I not been here it may have worked. You may survive longer than I expect you to."

He sheaths the dagger and the shadows leap up to engulf him.
"Oh, and by the way. Using a spell of detect magic on a bracelet will kill the wearer and the caster. So I suggest you don't."
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Kiri sighed. "Yes. Slaves. Abducted with no memory of the event. Outnumbered. Shackled. Overpowered. All this...for what? To get us to go and clear out a place? It makes no sense. You people have far more power than we. Why not clear it out yourselves? Or is it that you derive some sick pleasure from watching us die." Kiri stalked to where the voice in the shadows came from. Speaking to the place where the voice came from she continued, "You may have us in your grasp but I have nothing but revulsion and contempt for you. You are a sickness. Pah. Hope that the tables never reverse themselves because I will hunt you down like the rabid dog you are." Kiri turned and stalked off across the room.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

"RIGHT THEN YOU LOT!!!" Booms the very obviously drunk Mercenary leader. "YOUR DRUNK... GO TO BED!" He then slumps down back into his seat and starts mumbling into his tankard.