OOC Chatroom

SerGavin's forum for his play-by-post game.

Moderator: SerGavin

SerGavin

Re: OOC Chatroom

Post by SerGavin »

Honestly your characters are pretty good, I really like the family connection thing by the way, and I can't see anything outstandingly wrong with your gear. Oh! I would like to recommend that you all have at least one flask of oil or some other means of making fire but I think you've got that covered. As long as we get a magic user the party should be reasonably prepared. As for what to expect, Always expect the completely expected... and also the unexpected that way you don't limit yourself. As for the intro, I won't go into specifics but trust that I have something planned.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Are we waiting on another player then? Because we don't have a magic user as yet...
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Yes we are. Its why we are starting on Friday and not now. But don't worry I know the guy IRL so I can make sure he does it.

Looking forwards to starting though.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

I can't wait to start this sounds like fun. :D :D
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Kiri is not clothing, feeding, giving water to, or helping equip anyone in any way. I am shocked, shocked I tell you, at what some of you think you can go into an icy snow inundated wilderness without. Either that or you are either privy to info my character does not have or just bluidy insane. I jest. Sort of.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

I had to go back and redo some of my equipment. Traded leather armor for padded (much warmer) and bought flint/steel and some oil for fire starting and a halfling sized one person tent. Probably add in a couple other things if I can make the weight.

(This is the first winter campaign I've ever played in so I hope I don't freeze to death. :shock: )
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Jandolar wrote:I had to go back and redo some of my equipment. Traded leather armor for padded (much warmer) and bought flint/steel and some oil for fire starting and a halfling sized one person tent. Probably add in a couple other things if I can make the weight.

(This is the first winter campaign I've ever played in so I hope I don't freeze to death. :shock: )
Yay! :)
Well that's one less corpsicle the rest of the party will have to dig a hole in the frozen ground for. I had to make some sacrifices too. I would dearly love to have had some chainmail but there you go.

Edit: I also had to go back and get a couple more winter items and adjust my encumbrance. Going to be kinda hard to avoid being heavily encumbered it looks like.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

I now declare the play-by-post officially open!
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Oh guys, feel free to make up how you you were captured. It was some kind of conscription like being shanghaied. It did not involve a large public event such as kidnapping in broad daylight. think super covert operation. other than that its up to you!
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Reality check here (reality check means: "are you sure you wrote what you meant to write?). Our characters are captured and yet we have all our equipment? How many captors are there?