Part Two: Into the Ruined Lands

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

-1warrior

Re: Part Two: Into the Ruined Lands

Post by -1warrior »

The companions quickly headed off the path and hid in a small clump of bushes. They seemed to have good cover.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Keeping herself low behind cover Sen makes sure everyone has a good hiding place then looks out on the path, her bow in hand. Reaching behind her she takes out several arrows and puts them tip first in the soil so they are ready to hand then she makes sure her sword and dagger are loose in their sheaths, finally she takes one more arrow from her quiver and lays it across her bow at the ready.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

As the companions waited, Tuk began to feel rather strange. Suddenly the dappled sunlight was blocked out as a great shadow fell over the woods. Looking up, the companions saw the silhouette of a huge bird, soaring high in the sky. As quickly as the bird appeared, it passed by, flying south. After a few moments, a couple of bird calls could be heard. Several minutes later sound had returned to the woods.

Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk has stayed silent since he talked to Ceasar last but he has watched everything. He stares at the giant bird silhouette and long after he stares in the direction is took with a strange smile on his face as he whispers "Magnificent". As life noises start to sound around the group, Tuk tilts his head and cocks an ear to listen. He hears the chattering of squirrels and chipmunks, the chirps of various birds, and the calling of a few deer in the distance. All the time they seem to be communicating about what happened but Tuk can't understand them exactly which frustrates him.

Tuk turns his attention back to the group "The animals are indicating it is ok to move one. They know what it was but I can't understand what they are saying right now as all of them are talking at once".
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen looks at Tuk and chuckles, a look of merriment on her face. "So. Even forest creatures can have a gaggle fest eh?"

Sen cleans her arrows carefully and returns them to her quiver. Slinging her bow cross-wise over her head and shoulder she takes out her sword and slowly stands back up.

In a low voice she says to her companions, "Let's head out. We probably should stay off the path but I suggest we stay close to it so we don't get lost in these unfamiliar woods. I'll take the lead. Tuk and Caesar should probably stay between me and Howell. If we are attacked try to keep your backs to each other."
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The companions travel onward. The woods are lively around them. Grass and dirt are crushed under their feet. The forest seems calm.

Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk stays right behind Sen with a smile on his lips as his gaze roams about. He keeps an ear listening to the sounds of the Goddess's children while admiring the view he has.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

While the group continues to walk down the path, Tuk spots some squirrels up in a tree eating so he chitters at them while walking by.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The squirrels chitter back, and Tuk gets the sense that they are greeting him.

Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk moves over to the tree and leaves the apple core on the highest limb he can reach then moves away while chittering back at the squirrels and catches up with the group to slip back in his place behind Sen's hypnotic hips before he glances up at Ceasar with a very big grin on his face.

With a soft whistling tone on his lips, Tuk hops to the left then slides to the right before sliding back to the left and hopping back to the right, all in rhythm with Sen walking.