Part One: Arrival in Celob

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

konrad13

Re: Part One: Arrival in Celob

Post by konrad13 »

After finishing his roll, he looks over to the innkeeper. "You have information on the ruined lands? Then you, good sir, are my new friend." Wiping his mouth, he leans in towards Matthew. "Animals and fertile land is well enough, and people heading in is good. But news on things like ruins, riches and that sort."

His face begins to almost seem like he's in a dream for a moment before snapping back to reality.

He then turns towards Tuk, Sen and Caeser. "And if you all need a strong arm, I'd like to offer my services!" He flexes his arm some, giving a loud laugh.

At the comment of Elan he suddenly stops his antics. "Gentle waves and easy winds, Sir Caeser."
Elves take to nature like Orcs take to ugly.

So let me get this straight: You murdered a dragon with a fortress?
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The innkeeper speaks:

(To Caesar)

"I'm afraid there aren't any churches in the village."

(To Howell)

"Well, I've told your companion Sen here as much as I know. You know, about the dog men, and the wolf-riding folk. And about the ruins. I know there's treasure in the Ruined Lands, but I don't know it's exact location."
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The companions spent a couple more hours in the common room talking amongst themselves before they headed up to their rooms for the night. By the time they went to sleep, they were resolved to head into the Ruined Lands as an adventuring party the next morning.

When the morning dawned, they headed back down to the common room with their equipment and supplies packed. Matthew already had steaming bowls of porridge and an apple waiting for each of them. As they sat down, he set a small beer in front of each of them.

"Well, I hope you find treasure in the Ruined Lands. The best of luck to you."

After saying this, he headed back into the kitchen.

Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen sits at the bar, eats the porridge, leaves the small beer alone, and tucks the apple in her backpack for later. Getting up she makes ready to leave.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Caesar eats the porridge then walks over to the bar and calls the innkeeper over."Is there land on which I can build a church nearby?"
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The innkeeper speaks:

(To Caesar)

"I don't really know for sure. I don't own the land."

(To Everyone)

"Just so you know, there is a well along the side of the building. You may want to fill up your water skins. Of course, there are lots of streams in the Ruined Lands."

Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

"Ah I see."Caesar walks out to the well and fills his waterskin while whistling a merry tune
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen goes to the well, fills the bucket, drinks as much as she can, fills her waterskins, shakes them out, soaks them thoroughly, and then fills them again. After this she goes to the front of the Inn and waits for the party to emerge.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Each of the companions went out and filled their water skins after hearing Matthew's words. They then went back in.

konrad13

Post by konrad13 »

Finishing the porridge, Howell hands the man one more gold piece. "I thank you, good sir, for your hospitality." With that, he lugs his pack up and walks outside to the well, filling his waterskin. He joins Sen outside.

"May gentle waves wash our cares away,
From the path set forth may we not stray."

He smiles at her warmly. "Ready now. Let's head in and wait for Tuk and Caeser, yes?"
Elves take to nature like Orcs take to ugly.

So let me get this straight: You murdered a dragon with a fortress?