Part One: Arrival in Celob

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

Metroknight

Re: Part One: Arrival in Celob

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk comes back to the bar and crawls back up onto the stool with a grunt then with a tilt of his head Tuk's eyes soften slightly as he looks at her "What hurt you? You have pain in your eyes but your soul cries".

A true soft smile actually crosses Tuk's face as he looks at Sen while he slowly reaches out to touch her face on the cheek gently almost like he is trying to calm and gentle a wounded animal that could snap and bite.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen looks at the Halfling a moment, sighs, and, in a hushed voice says, "My mouth hurt me." Her gaze shifts to some far off scene as her voice, bitter as tamarind seeds, continues, "In the capital. After I arrived. A man taunted me because I was armed. I laughed at him. He challenged me. I accepted. I followed him into an alley to test myself against him. He..." Sen stops. Her gaze shifts back to the Halfling's face. Her silver-gray gaze has become fell. In a voice like cracking ice she finishes, "...had friends. A foolish girl followed him in. A woman came out."
Last edited by Jered Taikith on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The innkeeper listens intently.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk looks at her then surprises her as he tugs her off the stool so she stands on her feet while he wraps his arms around her in a hug while crooning then with a soft voice next to her ear

Deep in your Bones the Goddess is alive
Deep in your cells and blood her Life Force is strong
Deep in your heart and spirit you will heal
You can feel the Goddess at your core filling your soul
Abundant Life Forces of the Universe flow in to banish all pain
Your blood, your bones, your cells and your body are healing now
The Goddess force is in you and healing you now

until her body relaxes or she pushes away.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen stiffens, not having been touched by anyone since that day. Under her breath she curses herself for her weakness in sharing her shame. "I am stone." she whispers to herself. A moment passes where it seems that she has regained control but she shivers at the Halfling's touch, fighting down sudden panic. Arms are around her and she can't think. Can't breath. Has to free herself. Now.

Sen cries out, breaks free, and in a movement so smooth and fast that only another fighter could possibly follow it, the two-handed sword is in her hands. She stands like that. Immobile. Eyes wild. Then, the heavy sword falling from her nerveless hands, her fist goes to her belly and with a soft cry she falls to her knees on the floor, her head beneath her locked hands as her forehead rests on her thighs, and she begins to rock back and forth in self revulsion.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk freezes at her push away and the pulling of her sword until it hits the floor then he leaps down to crouch down in front of her "You are not stone, stone breaks. You stay stone, you will wear down to nothing. You are not stone. You can be air, be free from the pain that they inflicted on you. You did not inflict this on you. You punish yourself for something not your fault. You hold this pain, it will destroy you."

Tuk stands up and moves backward to the bar to retrieve a tankard of ale then moves back forward and sets it down in front of Sen "I won't touch you but you need to trust sooner or later. I don't expect it now but in time you will learn, I can be your friend and you can trust me on that" then inches back while staying crouched down.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

A long long moment passes. Slowly, Sen unclasps her hands, rocks back on her heels and looks at the tankard of ale. Blinks. Looks at the Halfling. Looks back at the tankard. A burbling sound comes bubbling up from deep down in her throat. Sen looks back at the Halfling and chortles.

"Ale?" she chortles again.

"Ale!?" her chortle turns into a half bitter half amused laugh.
"That's your solution? Ale?" she cries in astonished disbelief and then grins merrily.

Shaking her head in bemusement Sen looks thoughtfully at the Halfling, suddenly sober again. Reaching out a slender hand she slowly, gently, places it on the Halfling's shoulder and says, "Thank you." Leaning close she whispers through parted lips, "Friend."

Sen nods once at the Halfling, picks up the tankard with her left hand, and quaffs it's contents in one long swallow. Still holding the tankard she retrieves her sword, sheaths it, and rises, all in one graceful movement.

"Should you be going into the Ruined Land then I would be glad to offer you my sword in protection Halfling." then, with a smile, she turns and saunters to the bar with her empty tankard.

"Ale" she chortles, shaking her head.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

At that moment the inn door opens and in walks man of medium build he is wearing a simple light greenish-blue robe with a deep jade green sash tied around his waist.He looks at the scene before him and smiles slightly before crossing over to the bar"My good friend may I have something to eat I have no money but I will repay you as soon as I can ."
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The innkeeper speaks:

(To the Newcomer)

"Very well. I've got nothing to lose. But you'll all owe me one."

(To everyone else)
"So, are you staying the night or not? It would be in your best interests to do so."

The innkeeper then yells back into the kitchen "Daniel, I need two more soups! And a roll!"

The innkeeper then puts a small beer in front of each of you (including the Newcomer).

After a moment, the cook brings out the food. He sets a bowl of soup and a roll in front of the newcomer and a bowl of soup in front of Sen.

"So what's your name?" The innkeeper asks the newcomer.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

"My name is Caesar Wayvkrest I've arrived from St.Eadweard in Elspelia near Foamouth."Caesar said between bites of roll and stew "You..uh...You may have heard of me. "He added sheepishly
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale