Part One: Arrival in Celob

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

Metroknight

Re: Part One: Arrival in Celob

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk spins around on the stool at the bar and looks at the human with a smile as he approaches and continues to swings his feet like a child would "Soft winds and warm days to you. You are not from around here but then again neither am I. I'm Tuk. Please feel free to have a stool as I heard they are good cooks here."
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The cook suddenly walks out of the kitchen carrying some food. He sets a big bowl of steaming soup and a large (bread) roll in front of each of you.

"Eat up" he says, and returns to the kitchen. The innkeeper hands each of you a key. "These are for your rooms" he instructs you. He then sets a tankard of ale in front of each of you. After that he returns to polishing tankards.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
konrad13

Post by konrad13 »

As Tuk introduces to himself, Howell nods and takes a stool. "Nice to meet you Tuk. And may the waters be calm for your journeys." Slipping his pack off, he sets it before his legs before stretching his arms and shoulders. "Ah, that's better. So, Tuk, what brings you to Celob? Or is that a touchy subject?"

When the meal arrives, Howell nods at Matthew. "I thank you, sir." He takes the key and puts it in his pocket.
Elves take to nature like Orcs take to ugly.

So let me get this straight: You murdered a dragon with a fortress?
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Before Tuk picks up anything to eat or drink he bows his head and grasps a small piece of wood that is shaped as an acorn on a cord around his neck then says quietly

I thank the Earth Mother for the food before me.
I thank the men and women who toiled in field, farm, and kitchen to bring this meal to me.
I thank the plants and animals who had to die so that I could live.

then his lips move while he says something else under his breath which could almost be seen as "Grruff".
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Matthew nods briefly when you thank him.

Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk finishes his prayer and starts to wolf down the food with gusto. If one looks at Tuk they would see a small almost malnourished halfling dressed in ragthin cloths that has a smile on his face that doesn't reach his eyes for they are constantly flicking about to scan the area around him. Hearing him speak hint at undertones of a more feral nature but they are almost masked by the civilized pleasant manners he exhibits to people.

Once he finishes the food and his ale, for the briefest moment Tuk hovers over his bowl like an animal, he leans back to let a smile spread on his face like before as he flicks his eyes about to scan the room again then reaches down to pick up the key. He holds it up to his nose and sniffs it then bites it lightly before arching an eyebrow at Matthew "Uh, this is a key? How do you use it?"
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

At that moment the common room door opens and a tall thin figure enters, their face hidden in the shadows of the hood of the dark gray cloak they are wearing.

The figure closes the door softly and, turning to face the occupants of the room, pulls back the hood revealing the frowning narrow face of a human woman. Her silver-gray eyes seem almost to glow in a tanned face framed by glossy midnight black hair.

The hilt of a two handed sword peeks over her right shoulder while the upper limb of a short bow can be seen rising above her left.

Worn clothes, a dark gray tunic, black leather pants, and soft black leather boots speak of their wearer's financial status - or lack thereof.

The woman takes the common room in with a single glance, taking in the presence of an innkeeper, a Halfling, and a human at the bar.

Fixing the innkeeper with her eyes she walks with a smooth stride that denotes a certain grace to the bar and rests a hand on it.

"I have no coin. I ask only for directions to a well, or, failing that, to a stream so I can refill my waterskins." A slight shiver passes through her and, making an effort, softens her habitual frown into the semblance of a smile. "Please." The faint smile seems to transform her face and for a fleeting moment her looks change and she becomes briefly lovely. The moment passes almost before anyone looking can catch it and the frown returns to mark the re-arrival of a wary plainness designed to ward off unwanted attention.

The woman looks over at the Halfling, notes that he appears to have been speaking, and says "Continue."
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Following the woman's path by spinning on the stool, Tuk watches her movements then glances at Matthew when she asks about the well then seems to weigh something on his mind before speaking "Matthew could you squeeze out a meal and drink for her from our trade" then sets the key down on the bar to slide it away from him some towards Matthew "If it cost me the room, it makes no matter to me for I prefer the sky and stars where my friends can gather and we can commune together".
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

A dull flush passes over the woman's face but her frown softens slightly as she looks at the Halfling.

"Thank you for that. I've been on the road a long time. It'd be nice to have a place to rest. But..." she pauses, a look of resolve showing in her features, "I'll take only the directions. I'm hardened now, a little, by my travels, and I'd rather not soften myself before going into those ruined lands." she says, glancing toward the door and the lands beyond it. Another pause and she allows her self another brief smile, "My name's Sen." She nods and her face resumes it's forbidding frown.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"You might as well all take rooms. I don't have anyone else to save them for." The innkeeper said thoughtfully.

He gives another key to Sen.

"Each key is marked with a number" he says, and points out that the keys the three of you have are marked with the numbers one, two, and three. "Each key will open a matching door. That is, key one will open the room with a number one on the door, and so on."

Matthew then calls into the kitchen "Daniel, I need another meal out here. Got another customer."

Meanwhile, Matthew puts a tankard of ale in front of Sen.