Part One: Arrival in Celob

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

-1warrior

Re: Part One: Arrival in Celob

Post by -1warrior »

As Caesar gets a fire going, Hethyr and Eldrae get up and come over. "How did you sleep?" Asks Eldrae politely. Hethyr busies himself with getting out some food.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

"I slept well.And you?" Caesar replies
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
konrad13

Post by konrad13 »

Howell rises with a loud yawn after his last little 'nap'. He sets to tidying up his portion of the campsite and then turns to his companions. "Hope everyone had some decent sleep. Hethyr, do you need help getting some food?"
Elves take to nature like Orcs take to ugly.

So let me get this straight: You murdered a dragon with a fortress?
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen opens her silver-gray eyes and sits up on her blanket. Looking down she discovers that her tunic has hitched up during the night, exposing her belly. Flushing slightly she pulls the tunic down and stands, stretching.

Nodding to her companions in silent greeting she leans over and draws her sword from it's place by her blanket and inspects it minutely before setting off to look for a place to do her morning warm up.

Before long Sen finds a small clearing that is to her liking. Setting her sword down she goes through a series of fluid limbering-up exercises, stretching out her muscles. When she is satisfied that her muscles have woken up she picks up her sword and goes through a number of forms, the blade flashing in the early morning light. Again and again she repeats the forms, her bare feet carrying her lightly over and back across the clearing. Finally, her skin glistening and her tunic plastered to her body, she finishes up by walking to the place where she bathed the day before.

After a quick wash in the bracing cold water of the stream she rinses out her sole tunic and puts it back on wet, trusting the remaining heat of her exertions to dry the cloth soon. Donning her leather pants she makes her way back to camp.

Life, Sen reflects, would be so much better with even just one more set of clothing.

Back at the camp Sen sits down on her blanket and, digging out a sparing amount of food from her pack, eats a light breakfast.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk rises as others stir and stretches then scratches himself in places that people don't when in mixed company before striping off his clothing and heads off towards the stream.

Without a care in the world, Tuk moves through the woods as the Goddess intended only to jump in the stream. While washing off the travel filth he got while in town, Tuk feels a bump against his thigh only to look down and see a large fish that bumps him again. With a quick prayer of thanks, Tuk grabs and tosses the fish up onto land then kills it swiftly with a rock.

Coming back out of the woods, bare as he was born, Tuk's sun kissed skin glistening as the water dries on him is seen carrying a fish almost as long as he is tall. He lays the fish on a log before walking over to his cloths and puts them back on.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

(To Caesar)

"I slept well" replies Eldrae.

Eldrae and Hethyr get their breakfast ready, and then eat. After they eat,they pack up, and then bid farewell to the companions. "Thank you for letting us share the campsite with you" Hethyr says kindly. Then the pair sets off towards Celob.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen finishes her breakfast, packs her backpack, then puts on her armor and weapons. With that she is ready to set off, at last, to the Ruined Land.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk readies himself and looks about "No one wants to eat the fish that the Goddess provided"?
konrad13

Post by konrad13 »

Howell nods towards Hethyr and Eldrae. "Safe travels, friends, as Elan grants."

He turns to Tuk. "I wouldn't mind some fish, actually. Haven't had any since I left home!"
Elves take to nature like Orcs take to ugly.

So let me get this straight: You murdered a dragon with a fortress?
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen looks over at Tuk and then at Howell and finally at the fish. She is very tempted to just walk off and get on with things already and her eyes take on a momentary glow that indicates she is about to lose control but then she relents and the glow subsides.

Easing her backpack off and setting it back down on the ground Sen selects four sticks from the pile of firewood and sets them aside. Then with speed and efficiency she takes the fish and in a trice skins, cleans, and separates the fish into four portions and pokes a stick through each one and sets them over a part of the fire that will cook the meat quickly without blackening it.

In a few minutes the fish is done and she hands a portion to each of the men and then takes one herself.

With a few bites she is done and she takes her water skin and has a last drink before picking her backpack up and putting it once more on her shoulders.

Looking over at Tuk she says, "Thank you for bringing us the fish. It was tasty. I was getting a little tired of dried fruit and jerky."

With that she moves over to the edge of the campsite, clearly ready to leave.