Part One: Arrival in Celob

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

-1warrior

Re: Part One: Arrival in Celob

Post by -1warrior »

The companions traveled on for the rest of the day. As evening fell, they arrived at the campsite. It was just a simple clearing with a circle of small stones near the center. There were a number of ashes strewn about, but they were mainly concentrated within the circle of stones, which was obviously where a fire had been built many a time. The companions began to unpack and get their stuff out.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
konrad13

Post by konrad13 »

Setting up the spot where he would rest, Howell clear the spot of loose rocks and ash. "We should decide on a watch order. Don't want any nasty little surprises during the night."
Elves take to nature like Orcs take to ugly.

So let me get this straight: You murdered a dragon with a fortress?
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

During the travel, Tuk was constantly chirping and whistling to the birds. Once the group gets to the campsite Tuk moves about and readies the campsite which includes gathering wood for the campfire and cleaning up the sleeping area when Howell mentions the watch order "That is a good idea" then goes back to setting up the campsite.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen helps Tuk gather up firewood. Part of the reason for this is so she can find a source of water and get familiar with the surrounding area.

"Four of us. Twelve hours. Three hour watches seems best. I'll volunteer to take first watch."

Sen constructs a small fire with a few pieces of some of the small branches and twigs. Breaking out her tinder box she sets light to it after a few minutes.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

At this point the companions noticed a bubbling stream running through the woods a short way away from the campsite.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen finishes up with making the fire, stacks the remainder of the firewood neatly to one side, stands up, and brushes herself off. After a languorous stretch she moves away from the fire and finds a nice little spot for herself. Sweeping it clean with her boot, Sen checks it for small bits of wood and half buried rocks that she doesn't want digging into her back during the night. Having assured herself that the ground is now reasonably smooth she sets her backpack down as a pillow and lays out her blanket. She removes her armor and weapons and sets them down beside the blanket. Picking up her dagger and water-skin Sen looks around and says, "I reek and I'm hot so I'm going to go upstream a little and bathe."

Sen sets off through the woods and heads up the little stream until she finds a place that looks a little wider and deeper. Sitting down on the turf she eases off her boots and puts her feet in the cold water with a happy sigh.

After a bit she gets up, and looking around to see that she is alone, quickly doffs her clothes and gets into the stream and begins to bathe by first immersing herself completely and then rubbing her skin from head to toe with handfuls of sand. Finished with cleaning herself she lies on her back in the water and lets the stream flow through her long hair for a while. Then, one more dunk under the water and she is done.

Standing up in the stream Sen moves to the bank and picks up her tunic and washes it in the stream until she is satisfied it smells clean again. Wringing it out and she sets it on a nearby sun warmed rock to dry out a little.

Picking up her water-skin Sen empties it, rinses it out, wets it, and refills it.

Finding another warm rock Sen sits down letting the sun warm and dry her. Once her skin is dry Sen puts her clothing back on and sets off back to camp.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk wanders over to the nearby stream and finds a nice rabbit which he pets while cooing to it then moves upstream while chirping or making other noises of nature. He is not paying attention as he listens to the Goddess talk to him through her children and stumbles upon Sen sitting in all her glory while basking in the light of the Goddess radiant love. Not wanting to disturb her and cause her pain, from the display of the body beautiful that she was given, Tuk moves back down the stream before heading out of the woods towards the camp and just before the leaving the edge of the woods he waves away his little friends to go back into the woods.

Whistling as he comes out of the woods, he sees Sen approaching the campsite from the woods farther up and smiles as he looks at her when he realizes that the Goddess place in his care one of her wounded children and she is entrusting him to help heal her.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Caesar stands up and asks"Does anyone want to hunt rabbits for stew?"
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk walks over to where he left his gear and glances at Ceasar "There is plenty wildlife about. I talked to various birds, squirrels, a rabbit or two, and waved to a deer while I was playing with some fish in the stream" before starting to pull out a few apples left over from the tavern "Apple? I have a few left over."
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Ceasar walks over to Tuk and takes the apple"Thanks."he says as he bites into it
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale