OOC Discussion

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

Nightwulf

Re: Possible Play-By-Post? (Game is full)

Post by Nightwulf »

No not yet I will try to make one this weekend
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Ok. I'm still working on the campaign setting, but I hope to start the game by next week. Hopefully Sol will get around to creating a sub-forum over the weekend.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

I left myself some gold left over until I could see what some other characters were buying. There are a couple of things I would add to my character's supplies if no one else is going to buy them but I wanted to not buy them if not needed. Also the character herself is a little fluid if the game requires that she be a little different - up to a point. Like most successful characters Sen is a character who popped into my mind whole and complete and I'd hate to mess with her mojo. Sort of how Howard described how Conan came to be created. It was like Conan was already there just waiting for someone to come along and write about him.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

If you like your character the way she is, don't change her.

Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Although I'm not playing I have been reading through your posts and wanted to offer some advice.

I think making the PCs do the mapping is a mistake. You will have the map in front of you and it'll be easier for you to produce an accurate map. You might end up wasting time going back and forth with the characters trying to get the PCs map accurate.

When write out the description of a room/combat/etc write it like you're writtinh a novel for publication. Write creatively and descriptively.

Have a blast with it!!
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The players map doesn't have to be completely accurate, as I'm not going to do elaborate dungeons. For some of the more complicated maps, I may make a map for the players. Perhaps you could explain to me how you use mapmatic to make maps in Undermountain? (that would be very helpful for me)

konrad13

Post by konrad13 »

Interesting. Wonder how this is going to change things in the long run...
Elves take to nature like Orcs take to ugly.

So let me get this straight: You murdered a dragon with a fortress?
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

It won't affect much in the low levels but once up in the higher levels the lack of magic items will hamper survivability when facing certain monsters that might require a magical item to handle.

The plate mail issue will hamper fighters and clerics mostly as the group faces nastier creatures later on.

Not saying either or both will cause character death but it could hamper the survivability if the GM is not cautious when designing encounters and doesn't take into account those limits also.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

I just want to run a low magic world. Remember, if you can't get it, neither can the villains. Also, I will be adding in some new magic items and monsters that I created.

-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

We now have our own forum. This thread is now the OOC thread. Character creation and editing can be done in the characters thread. Discussion goes in this thread.