OOC Discussion

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

Nightwulf

Re: OOC Discussion

Post by Nightwulf »

What on earth is going on? :?
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Well for my part I'm playing Lys from her perspective. She got this note from a stranger saying to meet him at an Inn. She shows up at an Inn and no stranger. Not only that but nothing indicating that he left any message for her. Finally got some info third hand to meet in a clearing at night a mile from town. Goes there without her gear because she has no reason to suspect this person. The guy shows up and it turns out he wants them to help him, just on his say so, loot some mythical city she's never heard of. Suddenly this guy gets attacked and they come after her too. At this point she has no choice but to believe that this adventurer has not been dealing with her on the up and up and she tells him so and decides that the better part of wisdom is to cut her losses and go back to her temple.

More personally I don't enjoy playing in a game where it becomes about following one character's mission. We did that last game following a druid on a mission to save the land. It didn't work. Yet here were are again on a mission. This time at least partially following a ranger on a vendetta. We were told at the beginning that this would be sort of a sand box kind of thing with us exploring ruins and getting loot. Well once again it isn't that. I also don't like being kept in the dark about things. If some characters know something it would seem only polite to fill my character in at the earliest opportunity not leave her having to practically fish and beg for every scrap of info.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Guys, each of you was PMed what your characters knew. That's all I can say. I'm sorry if you don't enjoy how things are going. If you guys want to call it quits, you can.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Well what else is Lys supposed to do? Are you saying everyone got the same message? Because the message Lys got was what I posted above.

Even if Lys was disposed to go follow after Gerald she'd still have to have some equipment. She can't just go fleeing after this guy in the dark.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Hey, sorry. If things aren't working out, we can just end the game.

Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Fine. We'll do it your way. Down the railroad I go.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Jered, if you want to do something with your character, do it. I'll roll with it. This isn't meant to be a railroad. I can follow multiple groups at once. It's ok.

Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Hey Just so you know I'm Going to be out with my dad over the next two weeks starting tomorrow. So I will be back here then as soon as I can.
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Ok. We'll still be around when you get back.

SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

At the moment I just think, what would be the most cautious and well thought out approach? Having contemplated my self imposed quandary I then apply haldors wisdom to the situation and do the opposite.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."