OOC Discussion

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

-1warrior

Re: OOC Discussion

Post by -1warrior »

Another problem. :roll:
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

-1warrior I like your campaign world and what you just posted about what you were hoping it would be. For my part if you want to start over I'm more than willing to start over with you.

For my part I also admit that Sen was a problem from the get go with being such an attention grabber and all. Tanith was over the top but at least never got played.

I'd be willing to play a magic user for the sake of the campaign but only if no else will because I've never played one to any extent except as a part of a multi-classed character so I'd be awful at it. Which is why I usually play fighters (well that and because of my military background).
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I will solve it easily. bye

Sorry that I was getting into the personality of the character to much. Have fun.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Just my couple of cents as the latecomer here. Things got pretty wacky there, but I wasn't trying to make a "we shouldn't kill everything", like I said earlier, give my character a good reason to kill something and she'd have no qualms. Say that the goblins were trying to spread the ruined lands corruption past the boundaries and she'd probably get on board. But a good reason wasn't firmly established in the game, other than saying that goblins were evil and should be exterminated. Hack/slash campaigns can be fine, but lets not throw out morality altogether.

As far as the group fighting ability goes, there is only so much you can expect from low-level characters as far as fighting ability. 2 fighters, 2 druids, and 1 cleric is as good of a fighting group as you are like to get at level 1 other than 5 fighters. Add in a mage and you don't really gain too much using core rules only BFRPG. They get to cast 1 spell per day, which yes, might alter that one fight but at level 1, it's not likely to be too much of a deal-breaker. I had considered making a mage but there were several things that prevented me from doing that.

1. Hit points and armor - same old as in most all D&D games, lowest HP plus inability to wear armor makes mages ultra squishy.

2. Spells/spellpower - much as I put earlier, 1 spell, limited power.

3. Combat ability - after that 1 spell is cast, the magic-user is all but worthless in a fight and would likely just be hiding in the back.

4. Experience table - Mages have the highest xp cost of all core classes and as such, gain power very, very slowly. That means they would stay underpowered in a hack/slash campaign for quite awhile.

I've played mages before, I've scraped by on 1 spell a day and with very little combat impact. I decided not to go that route because it can be incredibly nerve-wracking in combat heavy games. Therefore I went with a class that had utility but also had combat ability.

Just throwing that stuff out there as my two cents in the conversation.
In the end, only silence remains.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

If we can just all agree that we're here to have fun and be comrades in arms I don't see that anyone has to get upset (including myself) and leave. Alright we got on each other's bad side for a while. Doesn't mean we can't smile, shrug it off, and make a fresh start of things. I know I'm willing. For my part I believe that all of us are valuable players and do good characters. We get into our characters (the down side being when we run disparate one they tend to bleed over into our own emotions).

-1warrior if you could make a list of characters you want us to run I'm sure we can work out between us who will run what. Looking at what you're saying it seems that what we need is 2 fighters, 1 magic user, and 1 cleric.

I'm still a little aghast that first level clerics get no spells in BFRPG but be that as it may one solution might be to allow us to start with 2nd level characters that way we have two functional spell casters (also a better chance of survival).

Please come back Metro. Wasn't really irate at you just where the game was headed. I know you and I can play together well because Sen and Tuk got along together very well. For my part I'm sorry that things came to where they did.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

For the rest of the summer, I'm having to limit my gaming now. I have a research paper to work on, 3 more essays, 10 articles, many tests, plus adding all the family stuff happening.

Tuk was the rub for the game in this part of the adventure. His personality was established and I could not truly change it in game for I was only relaying his opinion, his words to the group. He was never a hack and slasher who would go out to hunt just to hunt for xp, treasure, and such. He had a mission that he believed in his heart and soul. That became incompatible with the present game path so I removed Tuk from game play. Warrior can kill him off or let him slip away. Either way is fine with me.

I also could not keep up the pace that was demanded for this game anymore. Instead of a play by post game, it became almost a live text session.

I hope you all have fun with the game and it runs a long time.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Are you sure you can't stick around Metro? You don't have to post several times a day. I just took the opportunity, most of the time, to post little things that wouldn't be plot drivers because I had the time.
Last edited by Jered Taikith on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

I'm sorry if this isn't working out. Metro, if you do decide to leave, you have my apologies, but also my gratitude for helping the game. :(

What would everyone think about opening up the class options for the game? Perhaps remove the Druid, and add in Rangers and possibly Fighters/Magic-users. Persephone could continue to play her character. Metro, even though Tuk hasn't been working out, you're still welcome to stay in the game if you have the time. I'd let you create another character. BTW, I'm not going to kill off Tuk. He might just slip away into the night, and show up years later. I liked his character, but it admittedly clashed with Raven's and even Sen's. I'm not going to make you guys choose a class, I'm just recommending that you need a magic-user. What does everyone say?

Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

I think that opening up the class choices is a good idea.
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Very well, I'll do so. I'll allow the use of Rangers and Fighter/Magic-users.