Shakedown Cruise, Part 2 (Episode 2)

Formerly the play-by-post forum for my TSGS Space Force game, now the private forum for development of the new Space Force Science Fiction RPG game. I've retained the entirety of the original game threads here, to be mined for possible content. See the introductory post for more information.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Shakedown Cruise, Part 2 (Episode 2)

Post by Solomoriah »

... next round. Which is now, actually. I'll need to know what Amanda plans to do after she hits the Martian ship. She can see the open access panel where the cable comes out, and the ladder they attached between the open panel and the airlock, which is right behind the cockpit.

I'll also need to know what the others plan to do. Even if you're holding while you wait for something to happen, you can engage in dialog with each other or Major Nikolayev.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Woe

Post by Woe »

In French: "Finn, where is that red bear? Is he chasing me?"

Crikey, now what? thinks Grimm as the Martian ship grows in her visor. She doesn't have much control over where she lands so she's going to focus on sticking the landing. Boots out, good grip on the cable just in case, and live end of that cable wide from her body. If it's possible to tether the cable to the suit, she'll do that as well (D-ring maybe?). Otherwise, a few wraps around her left arm should do.

(I'll stop there because the landing won't go as planned)
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Woe

Post by Woe »

Any Russians nearby, automated turrets spinning up, or other life-shortening issues? Grimm will worry about that first.

Assuming none of that, where does she land? Sorry, I have a few different ideas but it depends on the Soviets and her landing area.

She does take a quick look back to see if the Major is following, including whether he is climbing the other cable.

You didn't mention the Major seeing her jump away from the ship. Does she think she got away undetected?
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Amanda was surprised when her boots didn't stick to the Martian ship, but she had drawn in enough cable that she didn't bounce far. She didn't know for sure, but she thought Major Pinko hadn't seen her go. Well, he wouldn't be in the dark for long, she was sure, because she hit the Martian ship with quite a thud. Surely the man inside, Colonel Gagarin, would have heard her and alerted the Major.

Gagarin, Nikolayev, and one other... she wondered if that were all of them. Amanda didn't know for sure, but she didn't think the Martian ship had a very large crew compartment.

On her second bounce she managed to get a grip on the nearest rung of the ladder. Nearby she saw the other Russian's tether, or what was left of it after she cut it off; it was anchored just a few feet away, near the airlock hatch. Looking back toward Skylark, she saw no sign of her former captor. Yet.
Woe

Post by Woe »

(holding off a bit so the Pegasus can get into the action -- Scott flying out of the Skylark with guns blazing would be a welcome sight)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

((waiting for my new captain to dictate orders :) ))
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Actually, I am waiting for Blazeguard now, as it's his turn in Initiative order.
Woe

Post by Woe »

(Solo said no tactics in the Lounge, so hopefully y'all can figure this out and our Soviet comrades cannot. I'll be impressed if anyone can because it's really vague of an idea)

In French: "Boys, ever play musical chairs? Right now, the Major and I are dancing to the music. Would love to have a third player that cheats."

(and just for CIA analysis later)
In French: "Major Ironman only crew on the Skylark. Not sure about the Martian. At least two. Colonel Yura of Russian for East on Martian."
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Hywaywolf wrote:Following the proceedings from the engine room Scott calls up to the bridge, "XO, should I get into the airlock and go out to assist amanda in whatever craziness she is up to?"
"Affirmative, Scott. Get the lieutenant back here in one piece."
Solomoriah wrote:"Lieutenant Steele," replied Nikolayev. "Are you in command, then? I wonder what happened to your Captain? Never mind. Your Lieutenant Grimm is nearby, I'm sure... would you really detonate your missile and risk killing her?"
"Really?! So you claim you'll return her to us in one piece and yet you don't even know where she is? Tsk, tsk, tsk, major. You should know better than to try to steal a SASF spaceship. I repeat, Stand Down or I will be forced to detonate the torpedo."

While trying to keep the major occupied with his ribbing and threats, Steele will attempt to maneuver the ship closer to the martian ship and Grimm, while keeping a ship (barrier) between them and the major.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Scott moves through the engine room picking up various tools like a space rated cutting torch (assuming we don't have lasers), a long pole used to hold up equipment while it is bolted in place, a couple oxygen bottles he will try to use for propulsion, and of course his vulcan pistol (attached to his suit with a lanyard like those old british officers pistols). Then he will get in the airlock, shut the interior door, put down his mask and tighten all his seals, attach to the locking clamps and open the exterior door.

Then, since he probably can't see what is ahead of us wait till told to exit by teh Captain.