Shakedown Cruise, Part 1 (Episode 1)

Formerly the play-by-post forum for my TSGS Space Force game, now the private forum for development of the new Space Force Science Fiction RPG game. I've retained the entirety of the original game threads here, to be mined for possible content. See the introductory post for more information.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Episode 1: Shakedown Cruise

Post by Solomoriah »

"Actually, I did have lunch earlier, but I skipped dessert. I tried to resist, but here I am anyway." It was then that James noticed the plate in her hand. She sat down beside him, smiling, then turned to the other crew members. "I'm sorry, I should have introduced myself. I'm Deborah Connors. I'm with the Vulcan's Forge team, on my way back to Earth." She held out her hand toward Castle. "Oh, you're Julius Castle, from the Icarus. It's an honor to meet you."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"Ah, yes" Julius replies. "It's nice to meet you as well."
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Scott eats his meal silently watching the interplay of his new crewmates. He'll be locked up with them for the next few months and wanted to know what he might expect from them.
-1warrior

Re: Shakedown Cruise, Part 1 (Episode 1)

Post by -1warrior »

(To Connors)

"You must be glad to be returning to Earth. I know I start missing that blue planet after a while in space."

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

"I'm looking forward to seeing my Mom and Dad again. But really, I love Mars. You have no idea how big the Vulcan's Forge complex really is. Oh, sure, most of it is really, really empty, but you never know what you're going to find in the next room. So yeah, it'll be nice to be on Earth for a while, but by the time six months are up I'm sure I'll be ready to ship out again." She glanced at Finn. "I know you know what I'm talking about. How'd they convince you to ship out on a starship?"

After Finn replies, she continues:

Turning to Amanda, she said, "I'm not sure I'd want to spend a month or two in a tin can with four men. Seems a bit close to me."
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

When Julius hears Connors say this to Amanda, his eyes narrow ever so slightly.

Woe

Post by Woe »

Turning to Amanda, she said, "I'm not sure I'd want to spend a month or two in a tin can with four men. Seems a bit close to me."
"That must be the reason you weren't selected." Amanda says with a twinkle in her eye. If there was any sarcasm intended, one would be hard-pressed to find it.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Deborah finished her cake, then cleared away her plate and James' empty tray; on her return she leaned over his shoulder and said, "I'd probably better take a walk and work off some of that dessert. Coming?"

Conversation with Castle and Scott seemed a bit one-sided to Amanda, though she found Finn an odd but interesting conversationalist. Eventually the conversation lagged and she decided to go on that walkabout. She found Tranquility smaller than she had expected, and soon had covered the entire station (excepting the command center, which was off limits to non-essential personnel). She was not really surprised that she never ran into Steele and Connors in her wandering.

I have no information from Castle, Scott, or Finn about how they plan to spend their last day as yet. Feel free to post whatever you want here; I'll move ahead to the mission briefing tonight.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

After he's done eating, Julius heads back to his guest quarters. He'll keep most of his stuff packed, only getting out what he needs (clothes for the next day included). He then gets himself ready, and goes to sleep for the night.

Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Scott intends to find a nice bench in the commons area and just watch life walk through the station. He wants to soak up as much humanity as he can before he is cloistered away in a steel cigar. Lando has a peculiar hobby where he makes up entire life stories from the brief glimpses of the people he sees. It going to be a long journey and he wants to have a full catalogue of stories to pour over during those long empty nights. Not to mention the ideal that when the going gets tough out there beyond the stars he will remember humanity and what it means and why he is risking his all to keep that going.

Lando Scott here's a lot of tiny pieces of conversation as the people move about them. Most times its just minor stuff that he uses to flesh out the stories he tells in his head. But not always, he has heard things he knew weren't supposed to be talked about outside if secure rooms. Those he tried to forget that he heard.