The Green Woman of the Erin

Longman's hex-based exploration PBP campaign

Moderator: Longman

Woe

Re: The Green Woman of the Erin

Post by Woe »

Kilian swears in dwarfish, unfit to repeat here. He'll reload too and aim at her again.

Talin will whisper* something to Anna, who nods and leaves the cave. Turning to face the hag, Talin says, "Eventually he'll hit. He's pretty stubborn, even for a dwarf.

I disbelieve your offer. Even if you personally vouch safe passage, I'm quite sure you control many things in this forest which you could use to influence our demise, possibly even your sisters. Your prison is built by your sisters. You deal with them, not us. Do you have any other offers?"

* Talin whispers, "Run upstairs and see if those voices can vouch whether killing her will free them or imprison them forever."

Keeping track of ammo as requested.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

Kilian reloads.

Anna runs up and calls out but can hear nothing just yet.

The hag responds to Talin: "The place where you were digging? You may have some treasure from there. I will not try to stop you, this time. But you must agree to let me free. If you break your promise, I shall keep you here forever."
Woe

Post by Woe »

Anna will signal the other rangers down. When they arrive, she'll brief them what is happening in the cave and they'll head down to the cave.

This is a gamble. I'm thinking "all archers on the hag" and hop the sisters don't arrive and ambush me from the back. Yes, what you're about to probably see, assuming Anna doesn't hear anything: shooting fish in a barrel.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

There's really nothing stopping you doing that, so a few rounds later, the entire party minus dogs can be down below, bows all pointed into the space where you think the woman has gone.

(She is invisible, you will recall.)

Fido won't come. Corsa will come down but you suspect her reaction will bx exactly the same as Fido's was.