The Cat Man of Brant

Longman's hex-based exploration PBP campaign

Moderator: Longman

Woe

Re: The Cat Man of Brant

Post by Woe »

I'm thinking ride up the coach is Danys thinks that is normal behavior. Carrying around a mirror is awkward stuff.

Had Danys heard anything about elves (especially about Ember) or why people are armed etc?
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

You are inside the university area, and heading towards the area where the elves live. It is pouring with rain. No one is about.

Except Jasper Sun, with a yellow umbrella. He's the male weaponsmith you met last time you were here. You can hear him calling out.

Hello, Danys, is it? I don't suppose that would be mistress Tiana Moonglade inside that coach, would it? May I have a word with her?

Er, miss? Do I stop, or what? calls Danys.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Nit: Yellow on white is hard to read.

"Tell him you can deliver a message, and either have him tell you or write it down for me. You can toss it in here with the rest of the mail, where I can get it." Tiana whispers back from the mirror.

Hopefully Danys didn't say his part too loudly.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

Wait.

Are you IN the mirror or not? This is what I tried to establish earlier.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Oh. Yes, they are. The dwarf is off and about in his own time.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

In that case, the coachman cannot talk to you, or you to him. So you do not know what is happening until Danys pulls the covering and motions for you to come out.

"Just had a run in with a male elf. A real poncey one. Jasper Sun, said his name was. Asked if you were in the carriage. I said no. He took a look inside before I could stop him. The cheek. Saw nothing but the mirror, all wrapped up. Didn't say anything. Then he said if I knew where you were, that he wants to speak to me when I come back to Brant. Not sure if he believed me. I told him I had a letter for Tiana, and he said he'd deliver it, and I said it had to be in person. He asked who it was from and I said I wasn't at liberty to say."

Danys has driven you into a secluded lane in the university area. You could go to the elvish area form here, to see Rillow. Or do something else.
Woe

Post by Woe »

After much discussion, Freya will see Jasper alone. If Danys is willing, he can do a drive by and pick Jasper up. The two of them can converse in the coach with the packages.

Freya's favorite elf in Brant!
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

So, Danys and Freya drive to the elvish section of the university where Jasper Sun can indeed be found, at the weaponmakers. It is very rainy. Tiana is still in the mirror.

Freya Tigersong, no less. I'm sorry if you dislike yellow. Why don't you try highlighting it so it is easier to read? Say, I saw that coachman you were with last time and I thought it might be you and your friend Tiana, come back from the borders. I was right, wasn't I? What are you doing here? There is much interest in your activities - - since a recent spate of attacks in the city. Might it be that you have brought back trouble? Exactly the sort of thing we do not want?
74382-25575.gif
74382-25575.gif (24.11 KiB) Viewed 4864 times
He is the most annoying elf you have ever met.
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Ah... Jasper Sun. In Boldenwald we have found great devices of.magickal wizardy, one of which contains more power than the large cabinets which put the elves up onto the moons. Ironically, these small devices -- the size of tarot cards -- do not change colour when being highlighted. Instead, the font of wheat is backed by the hue of dusk."

seriously, I can do.that with my laptop but doesn't work on.my phone. ;)

"Jasper Sun, Ive heard of this mischief but not of our relationship to them. I.do not know where Tiana is.right now. I,think she is still over the Boldenwald spires. Perhaps you can offer proof to these claims?"
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

This meeting is taking place in the elvish weapon-making area in the university. Other elves are about, but not none in earshot. Freya is alone, correct?

Ah, Miss Tigersong. I refer to the magic that you brought back with you, from the lands of Boldenwald. It had something to do with gemstones, I believe. These were sold to a dealer, a human by the name of Tobin. Not long after you left, the man disappeared, and now a killer lurks the streets of this city - appearing in the form of a great cat, who can take human form if desired. A coincidence? I doubt it. Dabbling with shape-changing was just the sort of thing the old human wizards were fond of. Precisely why their magic was so dangerous.

It is good that Tiana has not returned, for if she had, she would no longer be welcome here. My father has decreed that your missions into Boldenwald are no longer in the interests of our people and that Tiana shall learn no more of the ancient magic, even if it is of the lesser, lunar variety. I will also now ask you to leave. You have no business here any further. The Sun elves will take care of the problem you have created.

I hope you are enjoying the armor I made for you. That was made in good faith, before my father made his decree. It looks well on you.

Jasper looks almost sad at delivering this message. Freya doesn't exactly know who his father is but guesses he must be very senior in the elvish hierarchy.

Incidentally, getting to see Rillow in this situation may now be a bit tricky. She's in the adjoining building and it might be hard to come and go without being seen by male elves.