Hide: 10
Tracking: 40

Darkvision 60'
Tracking: 40
Move Silently: 25
Favoured Enemy: Goblins
Weapon Skill: Bows (+2 atk)
Able to detect slanting passages,traps, shifting walls, new const.(1-2 on 1d6)
Saving Throws:(+4vs DeathRay/Poison,Magic Wands, Paralysis/Petrify, and Spells, +3 vs. Dragon Breath)

Equipment:
Mace(10#)
Leather Armour(15#)
Medium Shield(5#)
Shortbow(2#)
Quiver w/14 arrows: (3#)
Weapon Belt(2#)

Backpack:
Large Pouch
Chalk, small bag of pieces
grappling hook(4#)
hemp rope(2x50')(10#)
lantern, hooded(2#)
Oil(3 flasks)(3#)
waterskin(2#)

Satchel Oilskin
Winter blanket (3#)
Encumbrance:With Pack: 61#, without pack: 37# (LL:72#, Heavy 180#)

Background WIP:Cousin to Chevo Onyxbreaker, sent along as a ranger guide.

Edit: May 31, Encumbrance Values.
Edit: June 17, Rations, Encumbrance
Last edited by Grendelthebrave on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Chevo: HP 4/14 AC:14; (13 no shield) Rations:(days) 5
Cholum: HP 3/14 AC:14; (13 no shield) Rations:0
Milly:HP 4/4 AC: 11; Rations:10
Thann:HP 8/8 AC:13; Rations:5
Lord Elkminster: Rations: 35
Game Points: 0/4; Nov 5, 2015
Rations IG as of Fri, May 30, morning
Grendelthebrave

Re: GREYFORGE: Visions of the Hoard

Post by Grendelthebrave »

Thann Darkledger
Thann2.jpg
Thann2.jpg (60.88 KiB) Viewed 6967 times
Dwarf Thief 1

Weapons:
Shortbow (1d6) 20 arrows
Dagger (d4)
Armour:
Leather Armour AC 13
Move: 30'
HP: 7
BAB:+1
Attributes:
STR:10
Int:9
Wis:9
Dex:17(+2)
Con:13(+1)
Cha:13(+1)

Saving Throws:
Death Ray/Poison: 12
Magic Wands: 14
Paralysis/Petrify: 12
Dragon Breath:15
Spells: 14

Skills:
Background:
Diplomat
Appraiser (Dwarven Artifacts)

Class:
Open Locks: 25
Remove Traps: 20
Pick Pockets: 30
Move Silently: 25
Climb Walls: 80
Listen: 30

Racial:
Darkvision 60'
Able to detect slanting passages,traps, shifting walls, new const.(1-2 on 1d6)
Saving Throws:(+4vs DeathRay/Poison,Magic Wands, Paralysis/Petrify, and Spells, +3 vs. Dragon Breath)

Equipment:
Shortbow(2#)
Dagger(1#)
quiver(20)(1#)
19 Arrows(2#)
Leather Armour(15#)
Weapon belt(2#)
Backpack
7 days rations(14#)
small lens
thieves tools(1#)
waterskin(2#)
whetstone(1#)
Winter blanket(3#)

Encumbrance:With Pack: 44#, without pack: 23# (LL:60#, Heavy 120#)

Background WIP: Clerk to the chief, sent along to ensure the treasure makes it back to Greyforge.

Edit: May 31, Rations -> 10days ; Encumbrance values(loot)
Edit: June 17, Rations, Encumbrance
Last edited by Grendelthebrave on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Grendelthebrave

The party emerged from Greyforge hold, the eastern sun forcing them to squint as their eyes were used to the underground darkness.

"Well Milly, you want to see the forest? Here we go" Chevo told the Seer.

Most of the trip Milly will talk the dwarves ears off, describing various species of rock and tree she sees along the way.

The party will head East along the side road Through D02,E02,F02,G02,H02,I02 to J02(3.5EP), then slow things down as they head into K02(exploring some,2EP). The party will then set up camp in the bushes, but within sight of the road.

Watch schedule: Cholum, Thann, Chevo, Milly (2hrs each).
Longman

Post by Longman »

Great plan - except perhaps do you mean J01 instead of J02 as your last road hex? That would cost 3.5, as you have said.

That's a cracking pace to set. The snow covered peaks of the mountains loom up on your right hand side as you progress. The road to begin with is still in very good condition - all the old causeways (not marked) are still perfect, and the old dwarvish signs and milestones are still there too, although they could use a clean up. There's even a few people on the road in the first two hexes, out for a morning hunt.

When you tell them you are going further up the Old Anders Road, they look at you like you are crazy.

"It isn't just the goblins and scrags you know", says one old hunter. "There's other beasts too. Snow worms. Bears. The owl kind (giant snow owls, not always friendly). Even giants, up north a ways. You sure it's worth it?"

You can RP that if you want. Otherwise you keep going.

When you get to F02, you really feel as though you have left Aarn behind, There is no one on the Old Anders Road at all now and the trees are growing a bit thicker on either side of the road. And this is where the GM starts making encounter rolls...

Nothing happens.

I'll give you a chance to respond now about your route and the RP opportunity. Incidentally, I moved your characters over to the Characters thread. They look fine.

I'll tell you more about how seers work soon.
Grendelthebrave

"Giants, you say? Where, up north in the mountains then?" Chevo will ask the hunter. "it's a good thing we're 'eaded south then ain't it?" Cholum will pipe in. Milly's hands would be white knuckled around her staff, the vision of the scrag destroying the north men fresh in her mind.

Thann seems annoyed at the break in the journey, eager to get moving.

Regardless of what the old man has to say the plan will be to continue to J01, as you said, to where the trail used to be, though the party will be wary for threats they won't slow down significantly until they leave this side road.
Longman

Post by Longman »

"Giants? They go where they please!" says the old hunter. "There was a rock giant, up only twenty miles from here, last summer! This was all ours once, but now, its all gone to hell A day out, that's as far as I'll go. You all be careful!"

(This is just one of many indications that a once proud dwarven area has gone to the wild, and cries out to be retaken.)

G02 and H02 pass by, still with the mountains right to your north - huge cliffs in some places. Again, nothing happens as the day turns to afternoon.

(Incidentally there have been numerous small ruins to the sides of the road. Farm buildings, minor bridges and waystations, 'bothy' huts and shelters, carved benches, mile-stone markers and signposts. This area was dwarf land for thousand of years so it was very well laid out. I'm just adding in that for the sake of realism. There are no adventures to be had there in such places.)

I02 and J01 also have no encounters. But the problem is, you can't find the trailhead that leads down your intended route. You follow a few possible smaller tracks and they go nowhere. It looks like the trail marker stones may have been removed on the main road. You are the first people to have come up this far in about 2 years.

You have now spent 4 EP - (including an extra .5 looking for the trailhead.) You have 2 remaining. It is mid afternoon, and drizzly.
Grendelthebrave

Frowning at drizzly conditions, Thann proclaims that the party should head into the woods and find some shelter, that or make something. "I told you we should have brought the tent" He adds with a sour expression.

The part will spend as much of their remaining ep searching the southern part of the hex, at this point mainly trying to find a good camp site, but keeping an eye out for indications of the old trail.
Longman

Post by Longman »

After another full EP and a lot of mucking around in the southern part of J01 you eventually do find the trail, which is quite separated from the road now.

The final EP of the day is spent setting up a camp some distance from the trail (is 180 yards enough?) and then settling in for your first night in the wild-lands.

It's cold, but you are hardy. I am assuming you do not have a fire. If you do, tell me.

You hear some animal noises in the night, which is quite encouraging. Goblins tend to kill any animal they can find, so the presence of animals means less goblins, hopefully.

The next day - May the 2nd - the weather is shocking. Driving sleet and a fierce wind. Going anywhere today is pretty much impossible without running the risk of getting hypothermia. You thought this weather was over, this must be the tail end of it.

If you decide to press on, let me know, otherwise I will assume you are hunkered down in your campsite.

Would you please refer to this thread and begin to pick background skills for each of your characters? Milly and the thief get 2 each, the others only 1.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1168&p=27415#p27415

(You need to do that by the time you hit 2nd level. I'd suggest you start thinking about it now.)
Grendelthebrave

We'll definitely hunker down during the weather. Perhaps spend an EP building a makeshift shelter to maintain dryness. Unfortunately it will also be necessary to build a fire to stave off the hypothermia. Pay of the aforementioned EP will be spent towards sheltering prying eyes from the flames if possible, our maybe extra EP if we need more materials.

On another note, I did select skills for the characters, though I think I only listed them for Milly (sage, cartographer-to help with making out her visions is what I figured).

Chevo, I had diplomat because of his upbringing in the chief's household.
Cholum and Thann I'll get back to you I don't have my notes with me at the moment.

Apologies in advance if my posts are slow this weekend I'm on the road at a con in Calgary this weekend.
Longman

GREYFORGE: Visions of the Hoard

Post by Longman »

Hey, there's no problem about the pace. I didn't mean to hurry you. I was just reminding you that those skills are there to be selected.

You hunker down and build a shelter - sounds like that would be Cholum's job, right?

Anyway, the day wears on and the shelter is built. It's basically some logs between two pine trees, to provide a windbreak, with a partial roof as well.

In the afternoon, the sleet is starting to clear a little bit, and Thann thinks he can hear the sound of something coming from the direction you came last night (north west, back up the path to the main road).

He thinks it's the sound of wings flapping - pretty big ones. Giant white and black owls called Morulchabhan are not unknown in these parts, and his mind turns quickly to one of those. But the others can't hear it at all.

Thann thinks it's coming this way, and is maybe 100 yards away, flying fast.

Have fun in Calgary.