Return to the Refuge.

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

User avatar
Hywaywolf
Posts: 5261
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Return to the Refuge.

Post Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:30 pm

To avoid losing my invisibility Oypeen is just going to push chairs into the vicinity of the 3 bad guys hoping that they will trip over them, allowing the others to get good hits at them. If this goes bad, next round he will cast web at the 3 dudes and hope he doesn't catch any friends in the mess.
User avatar
Blazeguard
Posts: 1280
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:48 pm
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Re: Return to the Refuge.

Post Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Rykken casts Shield on himself and tries to position himself so that the others have clear lines of attack.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
User avatar
Jandolar
Posts: 1621
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Return to the Refuge.

Post Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:06 pm

Giovanni pulls his mace and swings at the prone lady cleric laying before him *swing-whiff* either his sense of chivalry or his memory of past encounters with her curbs his aim. His mace thuds into the planking several inches to the left of her head. Dude... you rolled a 2... thank goodness it wasn't a 1 right!?

Opyeen fades into nothingness.....

Rykken quickly casts Shield and moves to give his companions better line-of-sight for combat.

Next up are the Halflings
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
User avatar
LibraryLass
Posts: 1008
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:02 pm

Re: Return to the Refuge.

Post Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:40 pm

Well, if swords are out then it's too late to avoid escalation.

Hermia draws her sword and closes with the Cleric. If that leaves her room for an attack, she will, focusing on harrying her too much to allow her to let off another spell. (We sure do get in a lot of bar fights, don't we? And not even good-natured brawls, the kind with actual weapons!)

Mae springs out at the strongest-looking man at arms (or if they seem equal, then the biggest), trying to take advantage of her short height and whack him under the tasset with the pommel of her blade (I figure that's gotta be worth backstab damage, right?)
http://rachelghoulgamestuff.blogspot.com/
Rachel Bonuses: Now with pretty

http://www.gofundme.com/8gawy0
Currently panhandling for my transition/medical bills.
User avatar
Jandolar
Posts: 1621
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Return to the Refuge.

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:18 pm

LibraryLass wrote:Well, if swords are out then it's too late to avoid escalation.

Hermia draws her sword and closes with the Cleric. If that leaves her room for an attack, she will, focusing on harrying her too much to allow her to let off another spell. (We sure do get in a lot of bar fights, don't we? And not even good-natured brawls, the kind with actual weapons!)
Hermia quickly draws steel and advances on the prone lady cleric. A quick attack *swing-CRUNCH!* The short sword crashes against the upraised left arm of the prone defender doing severe damage. Blood spurts from beneath the severed chain mail covering the arm.
LibraryLass wrote:Mae springs out at the strongest-looking man at arms (or if they seem equal, then the biggest), trying to take advantage of her short height and whack him under the tasset with the pommel of her blade (I figure that's gotta be worth backstab damage, right?)
[/quote]

Meaphina darts out towards the largest of the trio fronting them and with a reverse attack with the pommel of her sword targets the tender tissues all men posses. *swing-smoosh* The pommel of the weapon creases the cod-piece and continues into the soft flesh it was intended to protect. The mans eyes cross and he collapses to the ground with a whimper.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
User avatar
Jandolar
Posts: 1621
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Return to the Refuge.

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:29 pm

The two remaining fighters step into the action. One closest to Mae thrusts powerfully at the halfling. *thrust-near miss* The longsword misses anything vital but cuts Maes armour open at her right shoulder as it passes.

Fighter two turns to rush Giovanni in an attempt to keep him from Stephanie, in so doing he stumbles over a chair that has suddenly slid into his path. He stumbles and in so doing falls on his face losing both shield and sword. Sitting back up he is bleeding from both mouth and nose. HA! How's that for a failed dex check!

Initiative:
Giovanni-3
Opyeen-4
Rykken-4
Hermia-7
Mae-9
Stephanie-4
Fighter 1 (busted nuts... he's out for a while)
Fighter 2 (prone this round)
Fighter 3-3

Mae you're up first, the Hermia. Darn Halflings have got the bar fighting scene figured out it seems. Stephanie is getting up on her initiative and can possibly act at the end of the round.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
User avatar
LibraryLass
Posts: 1008
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:02 pm

Re: Return to the Refuge.

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:53 am

Mae makes a fighting retreat from the standing fighter, ducking behind/under one of Oypeen's chairs.

Having bought some time with Stephanie, and making a mental note to buy her girlfriend's first opponent a drink and an ice pack when he comes to, Hermia heads in the general direction of the prone fighter and kicks the hilt of his sword away from his reach. If that leaves her some movement, she'll get clear of the likeliest area of Oypeen's imminent webs.
http://rachelghoulgamestuff.blogspot.com/
Rachel Bonuses: Now with pretty

http://www.gofundme.com/8gawy0
Currently panhandling for my transition/medical bills.
User avatar
dymondy2k
Posts: 1552
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:56 am

Re: Return to the Refuge.

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:28 pm

Giovanni will wait until Stephanie stands and then swing mightily with his mace.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
User avatar
Jandolar
Posts: 1621
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Return to the Refuge.

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:51 pm

With the dexterity possessed of all Halfling folk Mae ducks and darts well out of reach of any attacker. For her part Hermia steps up and kicks the sword far from the fighter who fell on his face then retreats to give Giovanni room to act.



Rykken and Opyeen you're up next to act at the same time as Stephanie. Then Giovanni and the last remaining upright fighter to act at the same time.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
User avatar
Hywaywolf
Posts: 5261
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Return to the Refuge.

Post Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:08 am

I didn't want to use my web unless necessary because I thought it would be useful to stay invisible in case we decided not to kill them later and I could follow them to see what they were up to, but since the halfling are stepping away from the fight and we have 3 sprawled on the floor now is a good time.

Oypeen speaks the powerful words and moves his hands in a mysterious way. Webs shoot out of the air to encompass the party of bad guys. I hope I don't catch any of my own.
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest