Return to the Refuge.

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

LibraryLass

Re: Return to the Refuge.

Post by LibraryLass »

Hermia and Mae are awake more quickly than usual for either of them and soon chatting animatedly with Ravoneth, Oypeen, and the stranger.

"Hi! I'm Hermia, Hermia Proudfoot."

"And I'm Mae Lightfoot!"

"There was mention of breakfast...?"

"The animals? Are you a druid? I've never met a druid before! Ravoneth, you never told me you were friends with a druid!"

"Let's talk terrain, I'd love to be able to map the environs of our journey!"
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Fergus greets Opyeen with a firm handshake and nod of meeting. Seeing Ravoneth he smiles openly. Ah young Adept you return from your quest later than I'd thought you would. Looking around at the awake members of the company he smiles. You seem to have done well in finding compatriots in cause.

To Hermia and Mae. Druid? Me? Oh not really. More of a man one with his surroundings and happy for it. I do speak to an animal here and there as was told by one a few hours ago that some "two legs" had occupied the campsite. I watched as you made camp and slept and then retired to my own area for some light sleep. This morning early I decided the best way to enter your encampment was with an offer of food. He holds the rabbits up, 11 in all, to show that he's brought enough for everyone. Young Halflings you are welcome to map till your hearts are content. In the interim I'll finish cleaning these and get some breakfast going if it's ok with you all? If he's allowed to start cooking Fergus will arrange a complex set of green branches high over the fire and lay the rabbits upon them. Turning them every few minutes he'll add spices from a container in his pouch. Soon the meat is sizzling and sets off an aroma to make the mouth water. So you are all headed to the refuge? Ravoneth I guess you've heard about the Grand Master and his recent attempt at the 18th year accomplishment?
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Woe

Post by Woe »

Um... not to be rude but if EVERYONE is going to leave the wagon and my charge, Ravoneth will politely excuse herself and go back into the wagon, to keep an eye on James. She'll do that long before the breakfast starts to cook -- pretty much soon as she sees the halflings leave the wagon.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Woe wrote:Um... not to be rude but if EVERYONE is going to leave the wagon and my charge, Ravoneth will politely excuse herself and go back into the wagon, to keep an eye on James. She'll do that long before the breakfast starts to cook -- pretty much soon as she sees the halflings leave the wagon.
Perhaps I wasn't clear. As the DM I've already rolled the strength checks, the intelligence checks, any and all checks I could roll to have BJ get out of those chains and escape. Believe me I rolled everything I could think of to get him out of those bonds, as he would try everything in his power to get out and grab that key to take back to Waterdeep. He's going nowhere until you decide to unchain him. He's secure.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Crap, he knows we took the key with us? I had meant to keep the key's location secret from him, hence the note to be ready out of his sight instead of whispering in Ravoneth's ear where his keen monk senses might pick up on it. Wish I'd thought to take those precautions before we set out.
Woe

Post by Woe »

He's going nowhere until you decide to unchain him. He's secure.
Sir, you underestimate the resourcefulness of a orphaned monk of the bastard orphanage of monks. I'm sure you mean well, but you're hardly what I'd call a trustworthy fellow anyway. ;)

No, seriously, he both escaped from her once before (and committed murder!) and betrayed her trust. She's feeling overly cautious, and it has nothing to do with the guy behind the DM screen saying "trust me."

But if Fergus gives her a joking admonishment to not be so anti-social, she'll position herself so she can keep an eye on BJ and still converse with Fergus.

--------------------------

Still keeping one eye on James, she answers Fergus. "No! How is he? Did he finally prove himself the better of Lao Tzu?"
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Woe wrote:
Still keeping one eye on James, she answers Fergus. "No! How is he? Did he finally prove himself the better of Lao Tzu?"

Looking at Ravoneth Fergus speaks.Lao Tzu? That Grand Master died four years ago, word only reached the Refuge when a lesser year Adept brought the scrolls and challenged your Master to a duel. The 16th year Adept traveled many hundreds of miles to challenge... and was defeated in seconds. His ambition was such that he refused to yield when beaten and was killed. Grand Master Syrithidanthanis then traveled to the High Peaks to meet an 18th year Adept for combat. Upon his return he wears the scars and symbol of not only an 18th year Grand Master but also a 19th year One Master. I know not the truth of it but rumor has that he defeated his first challenge and was challenged again shortly after. His body is further crippled beyond the limp he had before but in his mind are things that mere mortals struggle to comprehend. The Refuge has ramped up it's training to reflect what he has learned. Even the young among them are strong and disciplined. He is a quiet and more humbled man now, if that were possible.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Amazing. He is truly a gifted man. I hope to find him more invigorated and wiser than before." She will make other small talk about the monastery before turning to her charge. "I need to get my wayward brother back to the monastery both quickly and safely. Can you recommend us a route?"
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen waits for the rabbits to be ready, mouth watering,
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

LibraryLass wrote:Crap, he knows we took the key with us? I had meant to keep the key's location secret from him, hence the note to be ready out of his sight instead of whispering in Ravoneth's ear where his keen monk senses might pick up on it. Wish I'd thought to take those precautions before we set out.

My mistake. Brother James does not know that you have brought the Key with you.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18