Return to the Refuge.

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Hywaywolf

Re: Return to the Refuge.

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen sees to his horse then finds a nice flat piece of ground and rolls out his bedroll. he sits, leaning against his saddle and dines on an iron rat. he doesn't even look toward Brother James leaving his care to anone who cares whether he lives or dies. Once he is done, he will seek out Ravoneth and tell her that he will take last watch if she will see that someone wakes him. (whoever has 2nd watch)
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Mae helps set up camp and gets the fire ready while Hermia takes Rosalie's saddle off and puts it aside, checks her hooves, and curries her.

"I'll take second watch." Mae chimes.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen turns his back to the fire to protect his night vision
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

How many of us are there? I recommend a double watch if possible.. on either side of the camp...If we have the man-power two hour watches.. if not 4 hour..

I will prepare Speak with Animals tomorrow and see if I can convince some of these woodland creatures to assist us with the watch in exchange for some food..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken will volunteer for either the first or the last watch in order to make sure his spells are refreshed. (I can't remember if I have used any spells or not but this would be his normal SOP anyways just out of habit.)
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

The camp is made, the fire lit. The flame lights up the small area within the copse but can't be seen for more than ten feet outside of the ring of stones. The watch schedule is set and members of the company either sleep or keep watch as the night grows long. The last watch of the night falls to Opyeen. He sits facing outwards with the low burning fire behind him. As the sun comes up and sheds diffuse light upon the landscape he sees a man trotting towards the camp site. The stranger has a massive longbow in his left hand and what appears to be several rabbits, skinned and cleaned, upon a string in his right. His cloak is a mottled green and shadows for concealment. At his left side is a brace of knives, one large and heavy the other slight and deadly. Upon his feet are thin and soft boots of leather. Slowing his pace the man stands before the Elf. Slinging his bow across his shoulder the man speaks. Master Elf. You are within my range of protection and within our campsite. I offer to break fast with you and your companions if your hearts beat true to truth and justice. Shall we dine? His face is open and without guile. Brown eyes stare forward from a tanned and bearded face. I am Fergus Longstrider, Ranger.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Giovanni, no need to ask your deity for such power. I can also speak to the woodland animals here. That sparrow told me that this area should be safe to camp for the night, and the fawn has not seen any hostile two-legs in the area for a while. I will ask if they will share our vigil tonight in exchange for food."

----------------------------------------
Ravoneth is up all night, so I assume she sees/hears Fergus too?

Coming around from the other side of the wagon, Ravoneth smiles. "Fergus! You are a welcome face in these woods. I trust the animals gave you word we were traveling through?" (pausing for a response) "These are companions of mine. They go by the name of the Carnage of Steel, and have been doing good works for the underprivileged in Waterdeep. They helped me find my wayward brother and we now return to the Refuge."
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"I am Oypeen Szchamie. Good to make your acquaintance, Fergus Longstrider. Let me get Ravoneth. This here traveling circus is under her direction. She'll want to welcome you proper." Oypeen shouts back over his shoulder. "Ravoneth, we have company."

(I am making the assumption that Ravoneth was watching the other side of the camp and the approaches from that direction.)
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

A loud growling comes from somewhere within the camp.. hands go to weapons before they realize its just Giovanni snoring.. A few thumps from Mae and Hermia wakes him up to meet the new guest.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Woe

Post by Woe »

Bah, go back to sleep. Fergus's arrival isn't worth waking up for. He'll probably be here a while (or he's a doppleganger who has me completely fooled...)
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot