Return to the Refuge.

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

LibraryLass

Re: Return to the Refuge.

Post by LibraryLass »

Hermia nudges Mae under the table and surreptitiously points out the toughs eyeing them. "The server said something to me about Giovanni being a target..."

Hermia glances over at them, regretting having eaten so much. "I wonder what they want from him. I hate getting in fights on a full stomach..." She adjusts her head, trusting in the keenness of her thieves' ears to see if she can discern more of their intentions.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

((I assumed it was the same woman from the Tavern I just couldn't remember her name.. or if it was ever given LOL))

While the woman wanders over to the bar Giovanni makes his way to where his partners are sitting..

'So I wasa wondering if one of you fine folksa remembered this young ladies name from the tavern, not sure its the food or drink but its somehow slipped my mind and if I coulda avoid that awkward conversation it woulda be nice.."
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Her name is Stephanie."
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Well that stinks. I posted a well thought out response last night and was waiting for your actions only to find that it never made it to the thread.

The three men from the bar gather up their gear and with drinks in hand take a round about walk through the tavern. One of them points to a table near the fire and they head that way. Their direction of travel will take them within arms length of the CoS table. As they come within earshot one can be heard saying So as he's sitting there with a busted up face he looks up and says Gween wings? I nevew had no gween wings! He turns to make sure his buddies caught his imitation of a man speaking through bloodied lips and as he turns back he stumbles into the back of Rykkens chair. The resulting impact spills half the mans tankard down the mages back. All three men stop. Hey! Did you not see us walking here?? You owe me a new drink! The other two stand with suddenly stern looks on their faces.... waiting.

For her part Stephanie makes a subtle hand gesture towards Giovanni, the Carnage Cleric feels something slide along his being as if he's being told by a superior that this is none of his affair and he should just sit and continue his conversation. *dice rolling* With great dificulty Giovanni pushes the insinuation away from him and now can see clearly that this situation is about to go badly and the lady sitting across from him is the primary catalyst.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen goes back to his time tested method for dealing with bar room brawls and begins moving out of his chair as he make himself invisible. he will move away from the group to a less crowded area.
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Beneath her table, Mae coils to spring out, but leaves her weapons sheathed. No point in escalating if a fight breaks out. Hermia doesn't hide, but she does try to make herself as unobtrusive as possible, for now.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Giovanni shakes his head to clear whatever form on vexing was trying to be cast on him.. He says a quick blessing in his head as he stands up and kicks the table at the woman across from him..
The Dragonclaw Barony
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken slowly stands up and turns to face the three men. "I...owe you...a drink?! You're the one who walked into me and just ruined my favorite robe. I won't be held accountable if you can't hold your liquor. And if you're going to tell a joke at least have the decency to find something original."
He fixes them with a haughty, intimidating glare and mentally readies his Shield spell in case they attack.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

As Rykken is in the midst of telling the offending ale spiller that he'll not pay for anything and Opyeen is stepping out of his chair subtly casting Invisibility there comes a crash from the side as Giovanni kicks the table towards the lady cleric opposite of him starting the action. Taken by surprise Stephanie catches the table full force in the face an chest and topples to her back with her legs tangled in the chair she was sitting on.

The crashing table causes all three fighters to pause, as one they reach for their swords and begin to draw them.

Initiative.
Giovanni- First readied and first to act due to his knowledge of what transpires.
Opyeen-(spell has been cast, act on initiative 5)
Rykken-(facing the ale spiller act on initiative 5)
Hermia-(prepared to spring act on initiative 5)
Mae-(prepared to spring act on initiative 5)
Fighter 2-4
Fighter 1-2
Fighter 3-1
Stephanie- Prone this round

Just in case that initiative read out is confusing. Giovanni caught the would be attackers by surprise with his move. I've adjusted initiative based on your stated readiness and how you all work as a team. You all now have an action based on the above initiative. Giovanni first, then Opyeen who is now invisivble, Rykken facing one attacker (you can cast Shield on your initiative or attack, whichever you choose), Hermia and Mae to spring or not as they wish and then the fighters.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

God I hate to hit a woman LOL but the cleric messing with my head is target #1, so I'm going to bring my mace firmly down on her head...
The Dragonclaw Barony