5.1 Hermia and Mae

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Jandolar

5.1 Hermia and Mae

Post by Jandolar »

Taking some time off from delving below Hermia and Mae make a trip to the stable where Hermia keeps her pony Rosalie. Walking around the inn and towards the stable area Hermia hears the happy nicker of her beloved pony, and the sound of another pony... and trotting hoof beats. Rounding the stable he see the stable boy with two ponies in a round pen working them up at a good gallop. Seeing Hermia and her companion he stops the horses.

Good day mistress Hermia! I hope you don't mind but I've been exercising Roaslie three or four times a week to keep her stamina up. Oh the other pony? He's mine, I bought him months ago but he's had no one to run with since the other full sized horses don't care for the smaller ones.I do love ponies since they are much more caring and more intelligent that the taller versions. Oh who is this? He indicates Mae with a nod. Do you ride as well? If so I'd love to give you Rake for a mount for the day. He's gentle and sure footed.... and some what taken by Rosalie.

Looking at the ponies they are very well groomed and taken care of . Hermias saddle and tack have been recently oiled and treated and glow with the look of new leather.

If you ladies plan a day trip I can quickly get you both saddled and ready with rations and gear. Mistress Hermia I took the liberty of pulling the contents of your bags and repacking them. I hope you don't mind.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
LibraryLass

Re: 5.1 Hermia and Mae

Post by LibraryLass »

"Excellent! Well done! That's just what we came down here for, to make sure she was getting her exercise," Hermia says, tipping the stable boy a few gold pieces. "I think we will take her out for the morning, as it happens. Can you recommend where we ought to ride?"

Maephina approaches Rake cautiously. "I can ride... a little bit. That sounds like a great plan. How much do I owe you for the day?"
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Hmm. If you'd be able to do an overnight camping trip I'll let you take Rake along for free so he can get a good few hours of grazing done. Hay works ok but nothing beats green grass.

If the ladies agree.

There is an old run down temple out about six hours from here If you leave quickly you can get there a little before your evening meal and camp there. Take the next day and explore the surrounding hill country. That place has been cleared of bandits and the like for years so it's about as safe a place as you can get. Of course there are the rumors of buried tombs and such but if anything is there it's never been found. He laughs a bit, Rumors tend to grow in the telling. He quickly gets the horses saddled up and ready. He also ties a tent and the gear needed to assemble it to the back of Maes saddle so each halfling has a tent to sleep in.

Have fun you two and don't let the ghouls eat you! Still laughing he opens the gate for the ponies and riders and then goes back to work.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

"Do we want to?" Hermia whispers.

"It sounds marvelous, but I don't want to leave the others in the lurch, especially if we've got business pressing this evening..." Mae replies.

"Yeah. It may be that we're all expected to meet with the dwarves. And I admit I'm curious about this story Kallas promised us."

"Of course, we could leave the others a note."

"All the same..."

(If any of the rest of the party are listening in, I'd be interested in hearing your opinions.)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(Its going to take Oypeen a whole day to learn the fireball spell so yall go off for a ride if that suits you. If you run into a mini adventure I am sure it won't be larger than you can handle.)
Woe

Post by Woe »

If the other ladies would like some company and it is a long ride, Ravoneth would love to go for a good run.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Woe wrote:If the other ladies would like some company and it is a long ride, Ravoneth would love to go for a good run.

(DMs note here)

LL if you'd like it would give the young Adept a chance to get out and exercise and give her a chance to "mingle with the girls" for a day or so.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Jandolar wrote:
Woe wrote:If the other ladies would like some company and it is a long ride, Ravoneth would love to go for a good run.

(DMs note here)

LL if you'd like it would give the young Adept a chance to get out and exercise and give her a chance to "mingle with the girls" for a day or so.
Mae enthusiastically welcomes Ravoneth along. Hermia looks a bit disappointed, as if perhaps this interferes with some aspect of her plans for the day, but ultimately goes along with it.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

LibraryLass wrote:
Jandolar wrote:

(DMs note here)

Mae enthusiastically welcomes Ravoneth along. Hermia looks a bit disappointed, as if perhaps this interferes with some aspect of her plans for the day, but ultimately goes along with it.
Are we going to have to slap a NC-17 rating on this thread? :)
Woe

Post by Woe »

It's probably related to her Spartan lifestyle. Ravoneth won't think to stop for the second breakfast, the mid-morning snack, the noonsie treat, lunch, ...
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot