5) Brother James and the Eye Tyrant

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Jandolar

5) Brother James and the Eye Tyrant

Post by Jandolar »

Having settled things at Rykkens shop the companions head to the Yawning Portal for a hearty meal. Arriving at the inn and sitting in their usual table the company is fed a solid meal of slow roasted lamb and fresh salad accentuated by fine wine and dark ale.

The meal finished the head to the church to see if that cursed mace has indeed been cleansed. Arriving on scene they are greeted by none other than Balmorea the head cleric of the order. The massive man has a subdued look in his eyes. Welcome friends to our sanctuary. Please follow me. Leading the CoS into a side room he points out one man in particular. Brother Chlesea was head of the maces cleansing. Looking at Chelsea Giovanni is instantly aware that something undead has attacked him. His flesh is riven and pale, eyes wide and staring at nothing as his hands clench and spasm at his sides. Leaning in close the CoS cleric can smell the stench of death upon him. Balmorea speaks They were in the midst of the cleansing, drawing out the evil within that mace when something came for them. By Chalseas description it was a rotting dwarf. Powerful it came.... it killed three apprentices with it's hands before it was slowed by our brother. Once it had its hand on the mace it began fighting in earnest. Four more fell to that damned weapon before it left. I don't know if our brother will ever recover. He says a prayer over the cleric on the cot and sighs. There is a powerful undead stalking the realm now, more powerful than I've seen in ages, teeth like fangs it has and stronger than any mortal can ever be. Ensure that your weapons are enchanted before you face it, nothing else will damage it. He lays a hand on his clerical companion. Kill it for me Carnage of Steel. Kill it and bring it's skull to me for redemption.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
dymondy2k

Re: 5) Brother James and the Eye Tyrant

Post by dymondy2k »

If it crosses our path brother, consider it dead.. Is the mace cleansed? I will need something magical if I am to face him.

((I couldn't tell if our old now undead friend got away with the mace or not. If he did I'm gonna need to figure out a way to get my hands on a magical weapon.))
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

((Talpyn the Unliving took the mace with him. By all accounts the Screaming Maiden is still heavily enchanted and as evil as ever.) :twisted:
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

After a full days rest and an night of tranquil sleep in the suite of rooms reserved for the Carnage of Steel the companions awake refreshed and ready for what the new day brings. Before they begin a messenger comes in with a note for Rykken. The note reads

Master Rykken,

When next time you arrive above we would like to discuss the sale or barter of any remaining Blue Steel you have on hand.We would also like to either buy or barter for the chest. If you will not part with the chest we would like to purchase time to study it.

Kallysa Grimsbeard, 27th step Sister in Faith of the All Father
Kallyill Grimsbeard, 25th step Master Scholar of the All Father
Kallismith Grimsbeard, 34th step Grand Master Armorer of the All Father
Kallas Grimsbeard, 16th step Warrior of the All Father.

A second note reads.
Carnage of Steel,
Remind me to tell you a tale of piracy. You buy the ale.

Kallas, friend of Sturm

(Where to folks? You can use Opyeens ring to get to any place that you've already been or just drop into the well and go from there.)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

If you need to purchase any potions or things before you descend please do so and add them to your sheets. Then let me know where in Undermountain you wish to go if you are using the ring or if you prefer to drop in via the well in the tavern.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

((Damn I was hoping to get my hands on something magical in nature to do battle against him))

I am ready whenever you guys are!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(I would like to sell one of those ingots so we can buy some healing pots. If we run into that Eye Tyrant we are going to need some quick healing pots. But if we go in the opposite direction of the eyeballer then I am ready to go back down.)
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

"Frankly I'd kind of like to spend today above ground. We spent the last two days in Undermountain, and I still haven't introduced Mae to Rosalie yet. Or taken her out for a ride in days. Besides, then we can meet with the dwarves as soon as they're ready. The sooner we get paid, the better-- then we can afford to stock up on healing and other useful supplies for the dangers we know are coming."
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

LibraryLass wrote:"Frankly I'd kind of like to spend today above ground. We spent the last two days in Undermountain, and I still haven't introduced Mae to Rosalie yet. Or taken her out for a ride in days. Besides, then we can meet with the dwarves as soon as they're ready. The sooner we get paid, the better-- then we can afford to stock up on healing and other useful supplies for the dangers we know are coming."
An amazing idea. Are you all OK with spending two days above? If so I'll script your time accordingly and it will give me time to get the dwarves back to you with an offer.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(thats fine with me. I will spend the time trading spells with Rykeen if we have any left to share. I do need the fireball spell so I will learn that one while we wait for the dwarfs.)