4) Undermountain: The Beholders Key

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

LibraryLass

Re: 4) Undermountain: The Beholders Key

Post by LibraryLass »

Hermia is somewhat sulky as Oypeen announces their escape plan. Upon arriving in the fireball room, she runs away from the group. Mae does not wait for an explanation, but follows her.

Mae and anyone else who follows Hermia will find her curled in a ball crying outside of the room in the general direction of the exit, not far away from a puddle of her own vomit.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

((Fwiw, I only planned to teli to Ravoneth and back on my own initiative. I was waiting for others to weigh in on what to do next.))

Oypeen is started when hermia runs off. When Mae takes off after her, he also follows along. When he sees the vomit it dawns on him, "Oh, Hermia. I'm so sorry. This room must have awful memories for you."
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

She nods feebly and presses her forehead to her knees.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Ravoneth feels awkward. She doesn't know what's going on, and torn between letting Hermia work through her emotions or offering her food, decides on the former. She'll take watch at the far end of the room.

I don't know where we are, but somewhere opposite of where the party is grouped.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Once that he sees Hermia is recovering, Oypeen will return his thoughts to the Chest. "I'd hate to bash this open and break anything of value inside. Now that we have more time in a safer location, I wonder if we can work at dismantling it a piece at a time. Or maybe we can look up our old comrade, Quistine Foechuckle, if she is still in the city to see if she can get this open for us. Or we can just wait till Mae grows more skilled in her abilities and let her try again."
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Mae, who is sitting next to Hermia with her hand on her shoulder, gives Oypeen a brief side-eye at the last remark, but shrugs and turns back to Hermia.

"Well... it is, after all, beyond my skill. So if you know someone who might have a better chance at getting it open, we may as well see her," she softly mutters.

After Hermia gets it mostly out of her system, Mae takes her hand, helps her to her feet, and wordlessly gives her a hug. Hermia sighs heavily and whispers "Can we get moving now? I would like to rinse my mouth out and perhaps have some food."
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I personally have faith in Mae to geta this thing open.. She just needs a quiet spot where she doesn't have giant scorpions breathing down her neck. (could we take the old take 20 equivalent to allow her to pop the chest?)
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

dymondy2k wrote:(could we take the old take 20 equivalent to allow her to pop the chest?)

We can. Mae if you have want to try again you can but it will be at a penalty.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Hywaywolf wrote:((Fwiw, I only planned to teli to Ravoneth and back on my own initiative. I was waiting for others to weigh in on what to do next.))
((Sorry man.))
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(I don't like the take20 method. Some things just can't be beat no matter how many times you try. Now I do think that a 2nd try now that she doesn't have any pressure on her is justified. But if she can't open it, she can't open it until she is more skilled. I don't see why the penalty is necessary though.)