3) Undermountain: Life and Death

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Hywaywolf

Re: 3) Undermountain: Life and Death

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen stares, his mouth agape. He tries to speak but his word stumble and a hitch catches in his throat. He casts his eyes downward and just says, "He's been dying for years. He should have died when he first lost his lands. It would have been better for him"
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Laughing loudly the elf continues. Oh are you still hoping to make a fortune and win back that little maiden of yours? HA! They are peasants and they will die in that little land they claim as I take it over. I've made connections that will ensure that our family line prospers. The only thing in the way is you. Father always loved you best and you left him. He leans in close and whispers All the others are dead Opyeen of the stables, our sisters, our brothers..... all dead by my hand. Once you are gone I'll be the only one left and father will be forced to will everything to me. I've bought thousands of acres, hundreds of livestock and countless servants under fathers name. I need you gone brother so when father dies it's all mine......
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"All you say?" asks Oypeen then looks at his other brother. "What, are you an undead now?"
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

All the others I said dear brother..... I am no more undead than they are alive... My birth right starts tonight! Taking two steps back he begins casting, behind him the other elf waves his arms casting as well. It seems the two renegades have initiated a fight in the biggest congregation of battle hardened warriors in the city.

((As DM I'll wait to see what the rest of CoS does. I'll need details of what you all do, which way you go, what weapons you draw, etc.))
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(for the record, I had looked at my second eldest brother when I asked if he was undead assuming it was my eldest brother who doing the talking)

While he was yapping I had begun the words for the invisibility spell. I will cast it and dive out of my chair.
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Oypeen's brothers are clearly bad news. Hermia glances significantly over at Mae, reaching to her side to grip a leg of her stool. Mae nods. Hermia taps once, twice, three times on the table, and on the third, the pair of halflings stand up and chuck their stools at the elves, hoping to either interrupt their casting, or failing that, at least set off a bar brawl that will give them some cover.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Hywaywolf wrote:(for the record, I had looked at my second eldest brother when I asked if he was undead assuming it was my eldest brother who doing the talking)
((Yeah I'll pull the other brother out and stick in a companion of his. My intention was to have you and he left alive, I guess I got excited and added in the other brother. :oops: ))
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Giovanni who was busy tucking into the house stew sees the trouble brewing. With a silent word to his God he stands up, kisses his mace..

"I used to a think that all elves were graceful and kind but I can see I was mistaken.. Do you want to die in here or would you rather step outside so you can at least die in the sunlight?"
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Giovanni rises and hefts his mace while rather elegantly letting the two instigators know that they do indeed have a choice of where to die. As soon as he does there is a whispered word from Opyeen and he disappears from sight. An instant after Opyeen is gone there comes a battery of Magic Missiles, four from his older brother (I'll need a name for him Opyeen if you have one in mind) and three from his companion. The Magic Missiles rush forth and simply circle in the air. With the intended target now unavailable they wink out like stars hidden by clouds. (Great freaking spell Opyeen, it for sure saved your life. I'd like you to add 500exp to your sheet)

Before either Magic User can act again the two Halflings jump up and throw the stools they were sitting on. *whoosh-whack!* Hermia succeeds in hitting Opyeens brother in the center of his face bloodying his nose. *whoosh-CRACK!* Whether by design or chance Maes missile slams into one of Opyeens brothers hands as he holds them to his bleeding mouth and nose. With a *crunch* several of his fingers are broken and bent at odd angles.

(Giovanni I'm going to assume you planned to attack if things went south)
Giovanni quickly rushes around the table and swings at the undamaged companion. Swinging his mace in a deceptive shoulder height attack he changes the angle suddenly and *swing-THUD!* plants the heavy head of the mace into his opponents ribs and the mage tries to twist away. His breath knocked from his lungs he staggers back a few paces.

Before Rykken and Quistine can act the bar erupts into shouts and calls for the fighting to stop. This bar is not typical in that fights happen often although it is typical that there are bouncers ready to stop any such nonsense. A half dozen large men charge into the fray and begin grabbing the combatants. One grabs Opyeens brother, another grabs the companion while a third puts Giovanni in a tight bear hug and lifts him off the floor. A fourth steps up behind the two Halflings and turning steps between them with his back to the two magic users and places a massive hand on each of the females shoulders, with a shake of his head he indicates that this is the end of this. The fifth strong man looks around for the missing Opyeen while the last one ensures that Quistine and Rykken make no moves to continue the combat.

The bar falls into a hush as Durnan grabs a heavy bladed longsword from behind the bar and starts across the floor towards the now stalled action. The tavern owner is obviously very very mad as he shoves into the group. His face slightly red and forearms bunched in aggravation he turns from one group to the other.

There are no fights within my tavern! There is enough of that welcome and easy to come by below, I'll not have it flood out within these walls! Looking first at the bleeding and out of breath duo then to the CoS he continues. No one died.... yet... so I'll have an explanation before I decide who to throw out and who to throw into the Undermountain, or jail depending on the answers. Now where in the nine hells is Opyeen? He should have some clarity on this seeing as he seemed to be the target here.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Heya.. getta the paws off the armor.. I just polished it!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony