3) Undermountain: Life and Death

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Jandolar

Re: 3) Undermountain: Life and Death

Post by Jandolar »

The boy looks up at Opyeen, then back to Mae and then around the room at the CoS. His eyes widen slightly at the (to him) luxurious surroundings. Back to Opyeen goes his gaze. In the tavern there were three. The two that you beat up and the other one, the dwarf in the corner (none of you can remember a dwarf in the corner). There is also that old guy. I know where they all meet up with the black lady with the white hair that smells like weeds. You can't help us..... my father owes them almost 200 gold. My mom works late at night to make the money back but she gets beat a lot and sometimes loses the money. We live in a shack in the poor quarter. My father was a merchants man before and is really good with numbers, my mom can sew leather and cloth, or she used to when we had money for needles and thread. Dad took a loan out to buy a shop but it burned down one night and they told him the only way to pay it back was to get the key. They tell a lot of us that.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Hermia give the kid's hand a reassuring squeeze. "We're professionals. We'll be glad to help you and your dad, gratis. Won't we, guys?"

Mae nods her agreement. "Can you tell us everything you know about these people?"
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Upon hearing the young lads story, Rykken will dismiss his invisibility spell and try to reappear so as to not frighten him or startle him.

He will then lend his support as well. "Aye, 'tis a tough spot ye're in lad, but we will do our best to make things right. Let it not be said that the CoS neglected someone in need."

Rykken will then go down and ask Durnan if he knows this kid and try to corroborate his story. If it checks out he will see if Durnan can give him any more information that might help them.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen hears Rykken say he is going downstairs to talk to durnan and says, "Keep an eye out for this mysterious dwarf. Maybe Quistine and Giovanni should follow discretely behind you in case their is trouble. Hopefully they can spot trouble before trouble spots them."
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

LibraryLass wrote:Hermia give the kid's hand a reassuring squeeze. "We're professionals. We'll be glad to help you and your dad, gratis. Won't we, guys?"

Mae nods her agreement. "Can you tell us everything you know about these people?"
The boy looks up with something akin to hope in his eyes. Really? You guys will help? Many of us would be happy to have it.

Yeah. Sure. Umm..... I, er we, think they are a band of some kind. Maybe thieves or even assassins. They show up out of the dark like ghosts or something and you can never hear them coming. Locked doors and windows don't even slow them down. We kind of have our own group of kids *ahem* guys like me that keep posted as look outs and try to trail them. Most times they meet at the weed ladys house but sometimes all of them that go in don't come back out for a couple of days and we can't see them moving around inside.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Blazeguard wrote:Upon hearing the young lads story, Rykken will dismiss his invisibility spell and try to reappear so as to not frighten him or startle him.

He will then lend his support as well. "Aye, 'tis a tough spot ye're in lad, but we will do our best to make things right. Let it not be said that the CoS neglected someone in need."

Rykken will then go down and ask Durnan if he knows this kid and try to corroborate his story. If it checks out he will see if Durnan can give him any more information that might help them.
The boy starts a bit as the mage comes into view and does his best to recover with some dignity. The See Oh Ess? Is that you guys? Are you like a group of traveling heros or something? Oh do you fight dragons and witches and things like that?!
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

After a few explanations and such Ryyken heads downstairs with Quistine in tow (and Giovanni?). Getting to the ground floor a quick look around reveals no less than 4 dwarves seated at various tables, none are in a corner. One of them looks familiar and as his eyes meet Rykkens he raises his tankard with a smile. It is Kallas Grimsbeard who once was a drinking buddy of Sturms.

Approaching Durnan Rykken is quickly made aware of the validity of the boys story. It seems many people are looking for, or being made to look for, some kind of key and that the most likely place is Undermountain. Durnan mentions that the Band of the Black Banner (these folks have been mentioned before a few times in the tavern) seemed to have the best chance of finding it but they've been missing for a while in the dark below.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

"Yeah... things like that. And a giant fish just yesterday!"
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

LibraryLass wrote:"Yeah... things like that. And a giant fish just yesterday!"
At the mention of fish his stomach rumbles. I like fish, actually I like anything that resembles food. What I'd really like is a job and one for my mom and dad. He pulls himself up and stands as tall and proud as he can. I'll make a pact with you See... Oh... Ess... I'll help you in any way I can, so will the others, but I want a job for my dad and my mom. Nothing like mom being a whore or dad being a dock slave. Something respectable like a clerks job for dad and a seamstress for mom. We need a way out of the gutter and business is the only way. If you help my family then I can persuade the others that you'll help them as well. Deal? He colors slightly, You'll have to meet mom and dad to decide if we can be employed by you...... just don't laugh at our house..... please.

He holds his little grubby hand out and waits......
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Hermia palms a gold piece and passes it to him as she shakes his hand. "I'll see if we can call in some favors. Now go get some supper."