3) Undermountain: Life and Death

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Jandolar

Re: 3) Undermountain: Life and Death

Post by Jandolar »

dymondy2k wrote:Heya.. getta the paws off the armor.. I just polished it!
With a nod from Durnan the bouncer holding Giovanni sets him gently back on the floor but keeps on hand on the clerics left shoulder by way of keeping him under control.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

From nowhere and everywhere at once a ghostly voice says, "I am here Durnam. You now have the distinct pleasure of meeting my eldest brother, Cassim, who has just announced to me and everyone else in this tavern that he has killed all our other siblings and now he means to kill me. He was in the act of that particular dastardly plan when my compatriots took umbrage to his desires. Not to mention the gauche behavior of trying to take a life right here in your own establishment."
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

"You heard the elf," Hermia nervously buzzes. "These suspicious characters attacked my illustrious associate, and we rushed to his defense. Now if it's all the same to you, I'd appreciate it if the large gentleman would put my friend and I down."

"Or at least tell us when he last washed his hands!" Mae adds, noticing a spot of what she hopes is beef stew on the bouncer's finger.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken joins in, "Durnan, I trust you know me well enough to know that I...we wouldn't stoop so low as to start a ruckus in your establishment unless it was provoked and we had no other choice. I can corroborate the others' stories that this...these...elves initiated the confrontation and that we were simply defending ourselves."
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Durnans hired hands allow all the folks a little breathing room as tensions start to ease. Cassim and his companion are silent and brooding, the elder Szechamia glares daggers at his youngest sibling. For his part Opyeen can tell that his older brother has aged considerably since the last time he saw him. Dark splotches adorn the once piercing gaze, the once smooth skin is now slightly wrinkled around the mouth as if it spends more time scowling than smiling. To the others his is an exceptionally handsome being, only Opyeen can see the tell tale signs of stress upon him.

Looking the slender elf full in the face Durnan says to Cassim. You are forbidden to enter here for a period of one month due to your actions. After that you are free to come and go as you please just as any other patron as long as you don't cause trouble. Do it again and you'll never be allowed in here. Laughing slightly without humor he continues That is of course contingent on you not being still locked away or worse for what ever crimes you may have committed other than attempted murder within these walls, saying nothing of what will become of you if you actually have killed off all of your other siblings. Turning to his guards...Take them to the city watch. Let them know what transpired here and send on captain Garavar to see me when he has time. He'll no doubt want to talk to some of the CoS about this.

Before being led away Cassim snarls one last threat at Opyeen. We'll meet again little brother, very soon.

Durnan watches them being led out and rounds on the companions. Not that it's any of my business but what in the heck have you gotten tangled up in?? Opyeen your brother wears the mark of the Band of the Hand, the same group that went below a little while ago. Can this be coincidence? Whether by design or not you seem to have the same enemies above as below now. I'd advise against going back down this evening. Stay the night, eat drink and be merry. You'll not be bothered again by those two. He points above the entry door to the inn and a pair of eyes up in the rafters over the heavy oak doors. She'll let me know if they try to get back in through any door or window. Now what can I get you to cut the taste of treachery out of your mouths?
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Once Cassim (do you know who cassim is in fiction?) is out the door Oypeen dispatches the invisibility spell and pops back into view, startling those nearest him. "Oh, Pardon me, I should have given you a bit of warning." He then turns to Durnan, ""Thank you for your intervention and I am sorry my family squabbles have disrupted your evening. Although I didn't even know I was having a family squabble until 7 magic missiles were coming straight at me. I should have seen it coming sooner, but as you said, I did notice that hand tattoo on his wrist and it distracted me. Ah, but, yes, some of that fine elven wine you were pouring about that first night we were in would go down quite smoothly right about now."

Oypeen then returns to his table, straightens up his chair and turns to his friends, "Thank you very much for coming to my aid. My brother does seem to have become a very powerful wizard in his own right to cast 4 missiles at once. I'm sorry to have you all mixed up in this. On the other hand, if they are indeed The Band of the Hand, we are all mixed up in it equally.

This is something we need to think about and figure out how we are going to handle it. I think we all know what they are looking for"
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Mae tugs on Oypeen's sleeve.

"Wait, tell him to bring some pie too!"
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen looks at the little waif and realizes that he must have missed something very important while he was wiling away his time at the table, "Er, Durnan. And some pie for ... umm, did you say your name was Mae."

Oypeen thinks quickly and remembers this little puppy tagging along behind Hermia the last day or so. He looks up at Hermia, "You have a fan club now?"
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Thata happened so fasta my stew didn't go cold!

Giovanni sits back down like nothing happened and digs into his bowl. He notices some stares..

What? You shoulda try the food back at the monastery.. Ita woulda be nice if our cooks spent as much time reading a cookbook as they did reading scrolls..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Hermia shrugs. "She likes maps too. And we need someone to help us pick locks and stuff. So I offered her the job."