Found Treasure and other Info

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Blazeguard

Re: Found Treasure and other Info

Post by Blazeguard »

Hywaywolf wrote:I'd feel bad to have to make Rykken hold the thing up as a lure. :) Otherwise it just goes back to the sheath when he releases it. It is a nice light source that doesn't burn out like torches do, but once again, Rykken would have to hold it the whole time. The light staff would make a better light source and serve the same purpose, but doesn't have to be held. And we have lanterns and hopefully some orisons (flare) to light oil bombs.
Yeah, the glowing sword is cool but the fact that I have to be holding it for it to work really hampers my spell-casting abilities. The light staff is much more practical and I do have a lantern already.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

First post updated to reflect items sold. Please add the gold to the party "pool" or Rykkens shop or divide it or where ever you want it all to go.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

As far as the light tube and staff, I call finder's keeper's. It was down in the dungeon. If he bawks, we'll tell him we'll go put it back where we found it and he can go down and get it himself.

Jandolar - Is there a protocol for items found while adventuring? Is everything down there fair game or are we obligated to return an item if someone claims it's theirs?
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Blaze- Down there it's pretty much finders keepers.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Tell that gnomish mage that if he keeps up his histrionics we will take him to the authorities and testify that the light staff and flashlight were both in the hands of a corpsified cleric approximately 75% digested inside a Gelatinous Cube. Unless he can demonstrate a raise dead spell more powerful than any spell in all of the known world I highly doubt that he was the last owner of the light staff and flashlight.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

So, did we decide who was going to keep the light tube and staff?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

well, they don't have to be used together so there are three non-darkvision peeps - Rykken, hermia and lianna - and two items. Oypeen has no dog in this hunt, but as a party member I can see the thief who is usually out front could use a light that she could turn on and off as she needed, probably the flashlight thing.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

I thought Lianna already had the light tube? :|
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

ok then, its just the light staff up for grabs since the cleric had that
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Hermia, if you want it, go ahead and grab it. Otherwise I will add it to Rykken's equipment.