Found Treasure and other Info

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Hywaywolf

Re: Found Treasure and other Info

Post by Hywaywolf »

If we can swing a loan, we can hand on to the jewelry and perhaps trade it or use it for bait when we are down in Undermountain again.

I am unsure about the value of the gold necklace. It looks like we got 500 xp for the bugbears. each bugbear was worth 145 xp (435 total) and there was around 6.6 gold in coins. That leaves about 57 xp in gold for the dwarven ale and the gold necklace. That leaves me thinking that the gold necklace either isn't really gold or it didn't get added into the xp amount. (Nor did any money we get for the armor if we sell it.)
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

I think the glowing sword might be worth hanging onto. Not as a weapon but as a lure. Who can resist a bright glowing sword? Our wizard certainly couldn't
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I'd feel bad to have to make Rykken hold the thing up as a lure. :) Otherwise it just goes back to the sheath when he releases it. It is a nice light source that doesn't burn out like torches do, but once again, Rykken would have to hold it the whole time. The light staff would make a better light source and serve the same purpose, but doesn't have to be held. And we have lanterns and hopefully some orisons (flare) to light oil bombs.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Little DM intejection here. I don't award xp value to/with money and treasure. The xp you get us just that, experience. The money and treasure is something else. Looting a corpse doesn't make you a better (insert PC class here).

What I can do is list out the average value of things that you've found on the first page of this thread if it'll make it easier. Of course you may not get 100% of the value of some of the items, others might bring more.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

sorry, I forgot about that. We should have killed that goblin instead of letting him go :). Every XP is going to be needed for me to get 9000 more xp for my next level :).
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

Hey Hyway I just wanted to let you know Mirt isn't a leg breaker he can afford to buy others to do the breaking for him. Lol.

I know a thing or two about the Realms you could say. ;)
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

MedievalMan wrote:Hey Hyway I just wanted to let you know Mirt isn't a leg breaker he can afford to buy others to do the breaking for him. Lol.

I know a thing or two about the Realms you could say. ;)
I'm a huge fan of Forgotten Realms.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

I like the older Realms (2E and below) myself. But overall I am really just getting into it, its just awesome how much time and love Greenwood has really put into the setting.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I've got the original boxed set
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

I like the Grey Box and I sort of dug the whole Spellplague idea on paper (though I'm not sure it worked out in practice), but otherwise I don't really go out for FR.