2) Undermountain, the return to Waterdeep.

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

MedievalMan

Re: Undermountain, the return to Waterdeep.

Post by MedievalMan »

Lianna puts her hand to her head and tries to think,

Alright how much do we owe? She says
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

"What have I been up to?" Rykken leans back and grins. "Well, I've got the store up and running and Lysander is turning out to be a great manager. That's just a hobby really though; A way to pay the bills. Now I'm concentrating on something really exciting. I've put together a little group, called Carnage of Steel, to conquer Undermountain. We actually just came back from our first foray, that's where I picked up these novelties", he gestures at the glowing items. "We're just resting up and then we're heading back down again. I'm sure I'll be bringing you a lot more stuff to examine."
"Oh, while I think of it, you wouldn't happen to know anyone who could 'pad my spellbook' a little, do ya? I and another in my party are looking to expand our spell selections and are looking for a good teacher."

After filling Ole' Prydwyn in on his recent expedition Rykken will return to the tavern to check on Lianna and see how Oypeen has fared in tracking down a magic teacher.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

The knowing eyes of the priest go from Lianna to Hermia and back. I would have guessed that one of you was leading since you are both here while one of you was wounded. Wounded leader and concerned companion or wounded companion and concerned leader? The issue at hand is tithe for healing. Considering how powerful whatever I was that blinded you was I'm actually surprised you survived. With that having been said the tithe is a bit higher than usual. 6,000 gold coins, 1 year of service or complete a little job for the church. I'll await your decision at the church. Come see me when you've discussed it and decided.
With that he leaves the two ladies alone.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Sturm stops mid-sip..the faint sounds of gold pieces being drained from a coffer somewhere echo in his ears.. He shakes his head before taking a sip..

This is damn fine ale.. Nice and smooth..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

"Hey, Lianna. Wanna go get a celebratory Lianna-can-read-the-menu-again drink while we think about how to repay the church?"
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

"Yeah, I think I need a drink. Preferably something strong. Oh, and some food would be nice too."
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Hernia and Lianna saunter downstairs and up to the bar where Durnan quickly pours two tall servings of a colorful concoction into chilled glass mugs. This is my own little recipe ladies, The Blistered Elf. Its got some punch to it but won't leave you hurting in the morning. Motioning to the servers he quickly has a large platter of various meats and cheeses delivered with two forks on top for eating. You look like you could use some food. Speaking of looking it .seems like you've gotten your sight back Lianna. I hope the priest wasn't too steep in his request of tithe.

Opyeen down by the fire starts a bit as the serving boy zips by to grab some beef. In watching the lad head back to the bar he sees Hermia and Lianna at the bar drinking with Durnan.

Ol' Prydwyn laughs a little. Pad your spell book huh? Well if it was me I'd go to Jysteen the herbalist. She'd be a good teacher for what you need to know. Once you start needing more powerful spells you'll have to look elsewhere. Most folks don't know she can weave magic so don't tell anyone you don't need to. Tell her I sent you and she'll do right by you. Oh and bring me back a few packets of her tea.With a pat on the back and a handshake he walks Rykken to the door. One more thing. Don't act too surprised when you see her. A huge smile slowly creases his face and he refuses to elaborate further other than giving directions.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen moves to the bar to join Lianna and Hermia. He looks at Lianna closely, then says, "I see this city has very good health care. Its good to see you with your vision back. So what kind of divine servitude are we in for to show our gratitude for the service?"
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Hermia enthusiastically digs in, too excited by cheese to really pay attention to Oypeen.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken heads back to the tavern and breathes a sigh of relief at seeing Lianna up and about. He strides up to the bar and gives her a friendly slap on the back, "Good to see you up and about. How many fingers am I holding up?"
Pulling Oypeen aside he whispers, "Have any luck on finding a magic teacher for us? I did get a lead on someone from Ole' Prydwyn if you haven't found anyone yet."
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.