The Dragon's Apothecary (trading post)

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Jandolar

Re: The Dragon's Apothecary (trading post)

Post by Jandolar »

Your net pay from selling the armor should be 3320gp. 1000gp for two sets of +1 chain, 720gp for one set of +2 chain and 1500gp for the +1 Plate. Now if you give one of the party members the +1 Plate mail then knock that 1500gp out leaving you with 1720gp (not including individual gold) to spend.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

oh, i thought the 1500 was for the other 8 sets of plate. What did we get for them? If nothing then its better to sell the plate +1 and buy the ring +6. Doing this (and subtracting 700 gp for the purchase of the armor), and hoping we get a 25% volume and chit winner discount, we could buy all of the rings and all of the potions (except for the 5 7d8 heal pots and the dragon control pot.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I'm having a hard time keeping track of what has sold and what hasn't..

If its available I would like to buy 3 potions of healing for 60gp and the Ring of Protection 2 for 100gp.. I have 175 GP left..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Looking over the list again, the Ring of the Magi would be nice but I could get the Ring of Protection +6 and save 120 gp plus it would give me AC of 18 instead of 17.

Let's have everyone list what they want along with the prices and then we can add it all up and make an offer.

Rykken would like the following:
Ring of Protection +6 - 1000 gp
Ring of Spell Storing - 800 gp
Total = 1800 gp

dymond - 3 potions of healing should only be 45 gp (they're 15 gp each)
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

we can buy almost everything on that list from the money from the sale of the purchased armor. Normally I am in complete agreement that PCs buy their stuff individually of each other, because most time they have never met before or have been thrown together against their will. But this time we are supposed to be a party that have been adventuring together for years. We are still individuals, but have learned that each of us is valuable to the party and it takes all of us to complete the mission. So it wouldn't be out of character to make a group buy and divvy up the purchases between us as would best serve the party.

And to clear up the purchase to date, since I helped making it confusing by posting on three threads...

We got the list of available goods while in the adventures room. In the meantime, a dwarf with a wagon load of armor (most likely stolen or cursed from the way he was acting) came to the Apothecary to sell it. Rykken bought it for 700 (which he didn't have) the dwarf agreed and ran off leaving the goods. So then Rykken went back to the INN to announce the blue light sale on armor and the patrons of the place bought it all for 3320 gold. (if we choose to sell the plate +1 the plate would net us 1500 gold vs. a +1 ring of protection is 100 gold so i suggest we sell the plate).

The only thing that the GM has announced as sold from the list was the 2 potions of healing for 10 gold each. which leads me to believe the dealer is open to negotiating prices.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Only a magic user can use the ring of the magi which will lift his AC by 5 hp, but there is only 1 +6 ring. Yes, you could get the +6 ring but then none of the Fighters would get that +6 to their AC. IF the MU uses ring of the magi they can lift their AC by +5, then one fighter can lift his AC by +6 and two of them can lift by +4.

The MU could have ring of the magi on one hand and ring of spell storing on the other (with ring of plant control in hiss pocketsees). That would be one tough dude. Much more tough than I am used to in games, but that would give me chance to see someone play a powerful MU in action :)

I suppose the Elf fighter/mu could use the ring of the magi. He would start with ac of 16 vs the ac 18 that plate and shield give him, but he would be a fighter with a movement rate of 40 instead of 10.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Ahh.. you right I was thinking they were 20GP a piece for the healing potions.. Then put me down for 5 for 75gp
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Ok folks. First off I need to apologize for scattering trade talk all over the place. Won't happen again.

Second: I was under the impression that you were going to sell only the magic armor. If you wanted to sell the plain plate as well your income from the sales are listed below.
1)Plate Mail +1- 1500gp
2) Chain Mail +1-500gp each= 1000gp
1) Chain Mail +2-750gp
8) Non magical Plate Mail 200gp each= 1600gp
Total into-pocket is 4850gp

Take that total and do what you will with it as far as buying the items you want. With such a large buy the seller (the guy who has all the potions and rings to sell) will offer a 20% discount.

Please take out 700gp to pay the dwarf that started that whole mess with is short sale of armor. :D

After you've all decided on what you'll buy update your character sheets.

From here on out ALL trading will be done in this topic (especially trades initiated by the scatter brained DM).
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Alrighty then. That changes things.
We can get all the rings and all the potions (except the Dragon Control) and still have money left over.
The total with the 20% discount will come to 3676 gp so that will leave us with 474 gp.

I guess the question is do we want/need ALL the rings?
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I have read the rules as close as I can and I can't decide if you are allowed to wear a protection ring on both hands. I don't see why we shouldn't take all rings. Just because we can only wear two each doesn't mean we can't change them out as the need arises. The thief can make sure he is wearing featherfall whenever he climbs just in case he slips.

I am thinking really hard about my elf fighter/mu using the ring of the magi, and one of the protection rings. I'd have to go back through my equipment list to make sure, but a fighter/mu with AC22 or AC24 and a movement rate of 40 would be pretty useful. But I am only level 2 (will be 3 very soon though) and only have 11 hp. I could be 2 shot very easily.