The Dragon's Apothecary (trading post)

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Hywaywolf

Re: The Dragon's Apothecary (trading post)

Post by Hywaywolf »

((OOC: I know what you mean, on several occasions I was calling my own marketstone PC by the name of my Redbluff PC and didn't even catch on right away when the other players were asking how this shybolt person had showed up.))
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

A Dwarf pulls up in front with a wagon drawn by ponies. He steps inside I've got a pile of armor that I need to off load! I need gold to get back home, I'll take nothing less than 4,000gp and you'd be getting a bargain at that!

In his wagon are 9 full sets of Plate Mail and 3 sets of Chain Mail.. if someone with Read Magic is there then one of the sets of Plate and all 3 sets of Chain are indeed enchanted.

The Dwarf seems to be in a damn hurry and keeps looking around as if he's worried about something. He also smells of strong dwarven ale and staggers a bit as he talks.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken casually surveys the items, making appropriate 'hmmm', 'uh-oh', and 'mmmmm' noises. After several minutes he turns back to the dwarf. "Well...the quality might pass for a weekend militia man but I generally deal in items of a more magical nature. I tell you what I'll do though. Since you need to get rid of this stuff quickly, as a favour to you, I'll give you 700 gp for the lot plus I'll throw in a drink at the Inn of the Yawning Portal. What say ye?"
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

With a fast glance over his shoulder and an offered hand the deal is done. Instead of heading towards the inn for his drink the dwarf makes a bee line for the main road leading to the gates.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen watches the dwarf disappear into the distance. "He most certainly exited the area in a hurry. Didn't even take the 700 gold and left the wagon. I hope that steel isn't cursed or stolen. I suggest you either report this exchange to the local constabulary or get it out of sight quickly before the original owner comes looking for it."
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

*laugh* he most certainly took the gold. When you identify the armor you'll find the chain mail suits are +1, +1, and +2. The plate is +1.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

I will offer the items to the rest of the party first and then head back to the inn to sell the rest of it.
Just post what you want.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

((ooc: well there are 3 of us wearing plate. But I already imposed to borrow 200 gold to get mine, so I think I am back of the line for magic plate))
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

From the game thread:
The evening goes well. Potions are paid for, HW you get your two at the discount. The armor sells quickly. The chain goes for $500 for the +1 sets and $720 for the +2. The plate goes for $1500.
Looks like that adds up to, well am not sure what $ are, I heard tell someone once said they were 'dallors' or something like that, but the equivalent is 2,720 gold. Take the 700 gold spent for it and placed in a trust in case the seller returns to collect it, that leaves 2,020 gold to spend before we go down.

I took the liberty of adding up how much gold each of us has and added them together (I already spent my 20 gp on two healing potions) which is 447 gp. I don't know about our thief, but he should be rolling in gold since he only needs leather armor :). Also whoever gets the plate+1 can sell their old plate, assuming at 1/2 price, for 150gp. That would give us a total of 2617 gp to buy from that list.

Rykken Steelchanter can definitely use the Ring of the Magi, 16 ac, for 1120 gp. His current ac is only 12. The ring will bring him up to 17 ac. With only 10 hp we don't want him hit much. But there is also the ring of spell storing and thats only 800 gp.

I was looking at Hermia Proudfoot's char sheet and she has her AC wrong. It should be AC 19 (plate 17, shield +1, dex +1). So her and Orpeen have the same AC, but Sturm only has 18 since he isn't using a shield. I think he should get the plate+1 that came n the wagon to bring him to the same AC as us. But then he has a +1 weapon and Hermia does not. So one of you two should take it.

The ring of protection+6 is nice, but its 5 times more expensive as the +4. Not sure the immunities are worth that at the moment. By my calculation, we can buy all of the rings, except the +6, all of the 3d8 heal pots, all of the levitation potions and the potion of speed if we ask for, and hold out for, a 25% discount since we are making a large purchase.

The thief, if he shows, up can use what gold he has to buy as many of the 7d8 heal pots as he can afford. Assuming he has 300 gold to spend and gets the same 25% Carnage of Steel discount he could buy all 5 of them.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Yes, that sounds good to me. That should set us up pretty well for our first foray into Undermountain.