1) Undermountain, the beginning.

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Jandolar

Re: Undermountain, the beginning.

Post by Jandolar »

(To Opyeen: You can hear at least two beings talking inside.)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Well its been awhile since Grund has had some exercise but I'll leave it up to more level heads then me and my hammer.

Sturm then slips the maul off his back, just in case they want to head in.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

While waiting to decide what to do the door slides open another fraction of an inch. Now you can all hear the cursing and well mannered jibes of..... it sounds familiar.....a language you've heard before.... Bugbears! From your days of adventuring you've encountered these beasts numerous times. Hardy fighters, able to move silently at will and well versed in combat tactics. They usually favor a sword and axe combo while fighting and are known to fight until death no matter how injured they are. Usually found in ones and twos they are known to have a Shaman with them on excursions far outside of their normal range for spiritual strength and healing.

Looking into the crack around the door you see a flickering light as if from a small fire. You also see a constant diffuse white light in the background.

You also detect the scent of roasting meat and a heady beverage of some kind.

(To Sturm: You detect the scent of Dwarven Ale, deep black with a head that you can chew on.)

(To Hermia: Your map sense seems to tell you that this room isn't a singular room, it "feels" like it links up with something else considering the layout of what you've seen so far.)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

*sniffs* OHHHH.. OH OH!! Now I know they have something I want..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

"I suspect their lair may extend beyond this impromptu gambling parlor of theirs. As such I recommend we determine the extent of their territory and whether there might be more laying in wait before we charge in," Hermia whispers as she readies her crossbow, just in case.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

You all hear a door open and close within the room. A new voice is added to the first two, same dialect but with a slightly prophetic lilt to it.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken begins to ready a sleep spell...
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

((sleep would be nice if they aren't to high a level. Just don't use your ring for it until you are out of sleep spells in your head))
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen looks at his uncharacteristically reticticent comrades and wonders if maybe they had taken too long a break in the city above enjoying the fruits of our previous successes. he knows he can't keep this door open much longer without it being noticed, so he prepares his own sleep spell just in case it is needed and gently eases the door further open a little at a time to get a slow visual of the room. If he can see enough without going in he will signal back to the party the number of bugbears in the room. If he has to enter the room to see more he will look down and look up for anything that trips his spidey sense and then move in slowly until he can see. If it looks like something we can handle then he will proceed with a course of action depending on what he can see.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

As you ease to door open you are fortunate to have 10' of wall to your left that conceals you and the now open door from the rest of the room. Slowly moving forward and looking at the room as it unfolds to your left you are able to see a small brazier with smoldering coals in it over which three plump rabbits are roasting. As you scan further you see two bugbears sitting facing each other, one is rolling the dice while the other watches the outcome. Both have tankards sitting next to them. Further scan of the room reveals a third Bugbear in the far left corner. His back is to you as he looks at a glowing suit of chain mail armor hanging on a rack with a longsword and scabbard. The creature by the armor is wearing simple brown robes belted with a dirty rope. The other two are wearing patchwork suits of armor with pieces of plate, chain and leather all mixed together. There are two large axes laying near the little fire, probably 20 feet from where they sit.

There is a door in the far right corner {I'll update the map}.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18