1) Undermountain, the beginning.

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Hywaywolf

Re: Undermountain, the beginning.

Post by Hywaywolf »

"This plate does set off my brilliant green eyes, now doesn't it. Thank you once more, my fine fellow." Oypeen admires himself in the reflection looking back at him from the pristine quartz bar top. He absently polishes a scuff mark on the elbow of his mail and puts a flyaway strand of hair back in its place. "Yes, our stout merchant, Sturm, is present and Proudfoot should be coming soon. She may already be here, but you know how hard that tiny whirling dervish is to spot. She's probably in a corner somewhere mapping out this very room."

Oypeen studies the room hard, but sees no sign of the cute as a button halfling. He reminded himself to watch his tongue, because she nearly gutted him that time he made a comment on how she would make a sweet gift for an earl's young daughter who was looking for a new dolly for her nursery. He gulped and then spoke again.

"I hope our sneaky scoundrel shows up soon. We're gonna need his technical skills down there for sure, but if his womanizing has got him on the run from a vengeful husband or father I'm gonna turn him into a newt."

He pauses, then sighs, "I haven't heard from our cleric in a while. last I heard he was looking forward to the Undermountain. I hope he has not met with foul play."
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Durnan walks up to the bucket and drops in a chit then absently wipes what appears to be ink off of his thumb. He then walks down the bar and hands a glass of something to a halfling female with a quill behind her ear. She smiles in thanks and turns back to the paper before her. With a quick smile down the bar to the two Mages she piles up her drawings and disappears into the crowd.

The bar keep then reaches down under the bar and produces a small brass bell and right before he rings it to get the attention of the patrons a chit sails from somewhere and lands into the bucket. With a glance at the bucket and back to his guests he holds the bell up and rings it once.

*TINGGGGGGGGGGG*

All conversation stops, in the sudden silence the crackling fire seems overly loud as one of the logs splits with a hiss of sparks.

The bell is rung. What is done is done and cannot be undone. You've all placed your chits into the bucket and your faith in me to draw fairly. Adventurers one and all you will soon look upon those destined to delve deep below us and if the gods are with them they will return healthy and wealthy. If not then I pray their gods find them a place of favor in the ever after. After they are chosen they have one night under my roof free of charge to eat and be merry. With the coming of light they descend to where the sun itself dare not go

He reaches into the bucket and after a few tense seconds of stirring he produces one steel chit.

This night our chosen company of hardy souls is.......
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Indeed, Hermia is in the corner, carefully pacing from wall to wall to get her scale just right. At the last moment before the drawing, she pauses, and with a jump, tosses her chit into the chalice. It circles the rim twice before it drops in-- five sisters made for a natural barrelball team growing up, even if (being halflings) they weren't as tall as some. She scampers over to Oypeen's table and attempts to flag down a server.

"Tea and seed-cake for me, if you'd be so kind, my good fellow. With milk and sugar if you've got it."
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

As Durnan begins the Undermountain Lottery, Sturm takes a long pull from the tankard of ale, quickly surprised by how much kick it has. As the warm glow of the alcohol makes its way through his body, he leans against the table and waits for their chit to be pulled. As he looks around the bar his ale buzz is harshed a bit by the fact that he doesn't seen their cleric anywhere. Here is to hoping he makes a last minute appearance.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken leans back against the bar and surveys the room. Confident that their chit will be chosen he doesn't even bother to look at Durnan. He's barely finished half his drink but there's a warmth and excitement that is building deep within that has nothing to do with alcohol.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

......Carnage of Steel!

Scattered applause and a few complaints at not being picked accompany the announcement that you've been chosen. After handing back your chits Durnan gives you each a key to the Adventurers Suite in the inn.

(OOC- gather any last minute supplies or what have you. If you've nothing out of the ordinary to do then I'll fast forward to the morning and get you dropped in. I hope our cleric shows up)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen stands before the crowd and presents them with an extravagant bow. He flourishes his palm raised hand nobly and says, "Thank you, thank you, you are all so kind." he turns to Durnan, "Master Durnan We shall strive to be worry of such an honor. We willl make you proud, and much richer dare I say," he guffaws haughtily and starts to continue, but then sees a group of elves looking his way with disdain, and suddenly comes to a halt .... "err, umm, thank you. I'll take that key now" and disappears into the Adventurers Suite quickly.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken accepts his chit with a gracious bow. "Thank you. I have been preparing for this moment for quite some time. Have no doubts that we will return." With that he will retire to the adventurer's suite and prepare for the morning.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Sturm rises from his bench and drains the last of his ale from the tankard. He sees the rest of his group begin to gather up their stuff and he heads over to Durnan to get his room key. 'Say Durnan, It looks like we might be short one cleric, is there a place here in town I might be ale to acquire some healing draughts for a reasonable price?'
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Hermia carries on enjoying her tea, listening for a response to Sturm's questions... having some healing to count on couldn't hurt.