Character creation

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

LibraryLass

Re: Character creation

Post by LibraryLass »

Hywaywolf wrote:As a halfling your 1 shield (5 lbs) & 1 suit of mail (40 lbs (error, plate is 50 lbs)) should be 1/4 of the weight of the other races (page 36) so:

1 shield (1 1/4 lbs)
1 suit of mail (12 1/2 lbs)
Good catch, I'll fix that shortly.
Jandolar wrote:Looks good LL. I'll transfer it over the the character sheets thread of you're done with it. You'll need to decide if you're going to take your pony with you into the dungeon, doable, or if you'll leave it in the stables behind the Dragons Apothecary.
I'll have her stabled for the moment.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Jandolar, you added LL character sheet to the character sheet page which means she can't edit it - only you. She might want to reload it herself and you delete the one she put on there to make it easier for her to edit it.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Poop. I'll delete the one I put on there this afternoon or evening.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

Hywaywolf wrote:cool, I'll update my character sheet. I modified a character I created before, but never actually played it in the PBP it was created for and in the game where I actually did use him (he had several 18s honestly rolled with a 4d6) he died the first night going through a door and hit by 5 bandit crossbow at one time (4 rolled 20s - double damage). The lit oil flask (wicked) I was trying to throw crashed down beside me and burst into flames like a molotov cocktail. It was around 50 hp damage to a 1st level character. I was just a black smudge on the ground with a lump of charred bone in the middle of it.

Oh man good times, that was the best string of rolls I ever had as a DM (no offense Hyway!) :lol:

Anyway onto character creation!
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

So do I roll my own gold or do you Jan? If we are using our own rolls I got a 15 on 3d6.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

MedievalMan wrote:
Hywaywolf wrote:cool, I'll update my character sheet. I modified a character I created before, but never actually played it in the PBP it was created for and in the game where I actually did use him (he had several 18s honestly rolled with a 4d6) he died the first night going through a door and hit by 5 bandit crossbow at one time (4 rolled 20s - double damage). The lit oil flask (wicked) I was trying to throw crashed down beside me and burst into flames like a molotov cocktail. It was around 50 hp damage to a 1st level character. I was just a black smudge on the ground with a lump of charred bone in the middle of it.

Oh man good times, that was the best string of rolls I ever had as a DM (no offense Hyway!) :lol:

Anyway onto character creation!
Yeah, that was an awesome game. I am sure it would be too much for some modern players, but I had a lot of PCs die the 1st or 2nd game night of use. It was actually starting to wear on me. But Oypan's destruction was a riot and a death I bring up quite often. I amy have even had two deaths in one night.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

Thinking back I think you did lose two characters. That was a heck of a game but I never quite knew if you guys liked it or not. I mean the death rate was absurd, I think the whole party had changed characters at least twice by the third or fourth session. I remember you just started renaming the same old character over and over. I still have no idea why it was so dang lethal. :|
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Yeah, my PC died and then I ran the NPC who promptly died. I don't know why it was so lethal either. Normal game rules and normal PCs (I don't think we used max HP at 1st level). The monsters were normal too, just the luckiest damn rollers I have ever encountered. I think one new PC (not mine) walked up a hill, got hit by an arrow and died before he ever had a single encounter action.

It was a fun game, but it grew tiring after about 5 or 6 game nights where I was starting fresh once again. It then became a big desire to get a PC threw at least 3 game nights lol.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Keep that roll, multiply it by 10 (150) then multiply that by your character level. If you're a Cleric that'll mean you have 600gp to buy starting gear.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

WIP, I would do more but I need to get up early tomorrow. Should be done by tomorrow night.

Name: Lianna Daggerwall
Race: Human
Class: Thief
Level: 4
XP: 8,000 / 10,000

Strength: 6 (-1)
Intelligence: 10 (+0)
Dexterity: 14 (+1)
Wisdom: 14 (+1)
Constitution: 13 (+1)
Charisma: 10 (+0)

Hit Points: HP Roll (4th level): [4d4+4] = 14+4 = 18