OOC Tavern.

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

LibraryLass

Re: OOC Tavern.

Post by LibraryLass »

Something has occurred to me. As I calculated earlier it's going to be a fairly lengthy trip-- we're going to have to hunt (slowing us down) or find a town to resupply in as we go.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Seven days, according to Jandolar.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Sorry folks it's been busy around here. Our aquaponics set up is running like a cotton gin and I've had to monitor the grow beds and water source (and fish) like crazy to keep things up to par. The chickens are doing God knows what but two of them are sitting on eggs so we're getting things ready for new chicks in a few weeks and I'm busting my butt to get the fencing done since the deer around here, who I feed every afternoon by hand, have decided that they'll have babies in the front yard. Living in the country isn't all fun and games as I thought it'd be. :shock:
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Woe

Post by Woe »

Haha. That's awesome fun though! Just whatever you do, don't buy a cow. Worst mistake you can ever make... except a horse. That's worse. Well, and goats. They'll eat anything.

On second thought, I'm changing my advice. Whatever you do, avoid livestock bigger than what you can punt with your feet.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Woe wrote:Haha. That's awesome fun though! Just whatever you do, don't buy a cow. Worst mistake you can ever make... except a horse. That's worse. Well, and goats. They'll eat anything.

On second thought, I'm changing my advice. Whatever you do, avoid livestock bigger than what you can punt with your feet.
LOL! Good advice! If I can't punt it I won't own it!. :lol:
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Aquaponics? Rad.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

So I'm picturing you on this commune...
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

dymondy2k wrote:So I'm picturing you on this commune...
Not quite. We have beer here and I have but one wife.... so far. :lol:
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Re: 4) Undermountain: The Beholders Key
Postby Hywaywolf on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:23 am

Oypeen is waxing poetic about the glorious battles that have taken place in Undermountain and how his leadership has been instrumental to the success of the party. He is in mid sentence about his daring gamble to clasp tightly into his fist an obvious pre-fire ball bead of light in order to reduce the damage to his comrades when he sees Giovanna being led out of the tavern by his di.... err, by this cute cleric and says, "pardon me but a moment."

He moves through the crowd uncharacteristically ignoring the nods and greetings of the lesser beings honoring his presence. When he reaches Giovanni, he steps close and says, "Comrade, are you leaving the festivities so soon? And who is this ravishing beauty that we have never seen and know nothing about, who is taking you off all alone away from this fine party?" He then turns to the lady cleric and reaches up to grab his hat, realizes he isn't wearing one, and continues to doff a virtual hat in pantomime. "My lady, I am Oypeen Szechamie, of the Carnage of Steel, companion and armsbrother of this fine man right here." He points at Giovanni. "Would you like to come to our table and tell us tales of the great adventures that your well used armor hints at?"
Postby Jandolar on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:28 am

Out of the front porch of the inn Mae reigns in Lysander and tries to explain that whatever-in-the-hells Rykken said was probably taken out of context. On her heels comes Rykken with a mouth full of apologies and some sort of confused babble, behind him walks Hermia catching the tail end of the conversation.

Lysanders eyes narrow a bit as she looks from Rykken to Maephina... So you've had working relationships in the past that didn't work out hmmm? Seems that you have one that is. I'll be sure and take care of your shop properly for you...... boss. With that last statement she walks off angrily pulling the ribbons and clips from her hair and throwing them to the ground.

Ravoneth and Kallas have some time to talk about the wayward Brother James as the ebb and flow of the evening settles a bit. I only met the lad once or twice here in the tavern. says the dwarven fighter. For what ever reason he seemed to be hell bent, pardon the reference, on heading into the Deep. I think it was the influence of those he got tangled up with. The Black Banner group is a splinter off of the Band of the Hand and most likely looking for the same things. He looks now at her young face and speaks plainly. If your brother still lives he is gone from his teachings as if he never was, if he is dead then he is in a better place. If you find him alive don't trust him, if dead do your best to bring him home. These companions of yours are honest and caring folk..... more caring than you're wont to find within these walls or below. There are not many of us left that adventure purely for the thrill. In the end all you have left are some old scars, some older armor and ancient memories. He wipes a hand across his eyes and takes a long pull at his ale. AH! Enough of that talk, come young one and lets see if this group can sing us a true dwarven ballad of strength, fate and honor. He stands up and faster than he should be able to considering how much he has had to drink and hoists the young adept up by her waist and carries her to the stage. Durnan! DURNAN!! If you can get these mongrels to play Come back with honor or upon your shield I'll pay for rounds out of my own purse for the duration!! Ravoneth is at first startled by Kallas' actions but he puts her down and leads the way to the stage. Looking at him she knows there is no malice in his heart. He is merely looking to laugh and sing for an evening. As they draw near he hands her a pair of platinum pieces. Here lass, throw them into the hat and make the request. We'll see what they can do when dwarven currency is paying the tab. HA!!

While Giovanni and Stephanie are making their way towards the stairs a rather hurried Opyeen arrives and stalls the progress. Stephanie looks to the mage with what can only be described as mild amusement. Ah, so you are the great Opyeen. Forgive me master mage but I have designs upon your companion here. Perhaps later we'll talk of dented armor and battles. With that and a wink she lead Giovanni upstairs to her room. Opening the door and walking in Giovanni sees that it is a simple affair, sturdy bed, night stand with a water pitcher and basin and a dresser. Stephanie walks to the fire place and quickly stokes the coals into life. The room is thrown into flickering shadows as the fire flickers. The lady cleric throws the room key to Giovanni as she begins to remove her armor with practiced moves of hand and wrist. Lock the door Master Cleric.... and please be discreet when talking to your companions in the morning. Looking back at her as he places the key in the lock Giovanni sees that the lady cleric is fully undressed, shadowed by the firelight she is revealed to be muscular and in amazing shape. Strong shoulders, powerful thighs, flat midsection...... all of which bare scars of battle. White against her tanned, and tattooed, skin she stands as a testament to battles faced and won. Echoing down the hallway there is a solid click as the CoS cleric locks the door.
Postby Hywaywolf on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:17 am

Oypeen knows when to get out of the way and steps back as Giovanni departs with the woman. He is still fearful of what real plans the woman has, but Giovanni is a grown man and can make grown man choices.

Still...

He looks around the tavern for any of the boys who work with their pint sized spy king and if he sees any he will pull them to the side and ask if they would put a couple of eyes on Giovanni and the woman. He makes sure they understand that under no circumstances should they be seen doing so, unless something bad goes down. In that case they should offer him any assistance he may need as well as send someone back here to alert the COS. With that he hands them a gold piece to split between them. and says, "Your services may not be needed where he is going, and if that is the case I don't want him to know I set you guys to watch him. But I have a bad feeling about this and I am willing to risk a punch in the face to assure that my friend is looked after."

Once that he sees the boys are in motion, he will return to the party and continue his tales.
Postby Jandolar on Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:23 pm

On the morrow the companions awake in their suite of rooms.... well they actually awaken when Giovanni comes in trying to be quiet and promptly drops his shield on the floor. With a muffled curse he tries to pick it up and succeeds in dropping his mace as well.....

The others awaken in turn and all save Ravoneth are suffering from some sort of effects of last night.

Rykken is realizing, as men all the world over have for hundreds of years, that no amount of alcohol will grant the clarity to understand women. It will however make for a wonderfully blurred vision the next day. The mage is well and truly hungover.

Opyeen is dealing with a head packed full of new contacts and acquaintances. The elf has a wide world of new folks to talk to0 and connect with. As he's getting dressed a note falls from his bed. It reads simply The cleric is fine. Satisfied that his friend is, was, in good hands sets his mind at ease. Then a thought occurs to him..... How in the heck did they get in here to deliver the note?

Hermia and Maephina stagger in trying to figure out what in the heck happened. It seems the halflings have never had spiced rum cake and weren't prepared for the amount of rum actually in the cake or the increased impact all the sugar would have. Although not hungover they are a tad sugar stunned and slow to get going.

Ravoneth wakes refreshed and looking forward to the day. Finishing her morning prayers she waltzes into the common room of the suite to see the aftermath of the nights festivities. So this is the life of an adventurer....

Once they are all semi awake the CoS heads down to break the nights fast. Durnan has a grand meal served up with a red spicy sauce that cuts right through the haze of alcohol and sugar suffered by some of the members.

(The day is yours CoS, what have you got planned?)
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Ok..... :)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18