Chapter 1:Mobilizing at Malforten

Blazeguard's forum for his play-by-post game.

Moderator: Blazeguard

jcm

Re: Chapter 1:Mobilizing at Malforten

Post by jcm »

Mumford pulls his cloak tighter around himself. He never did like the cold.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

"Well, well" he muses. "I didn't think it would work" he mumbles under his breath. "What's that?... Oh, nevermind. It's just that we figured even the incentive of a bounty would be a long shot. We've gotten very used to the rest of the kingdom ignoring us." He leans over to spit and then continues, "Most of the folks will be mighty glad to see you though. You'll be wanting to talk to Eryl the Hoskin. The evening watch is set to start shortly and he'll be handing out orders to the men. The town is just over the next hill. See, there, where that smoke is rising." He points east further down the road.

Most of the man's sword is hidden under his cloak but Sanzaru can see that the handle looks to be of good quality and appears to have seen its fair share of action.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Woe

Post by Woe »

===OOC===
Sanzaru has seen his fair share of villages burning. Can you describe the smoke? Is it village-sized burning or chimney-sized burning?

BTW, I'm assuming detect evil was a no.
===OOC===

"Thank you Ser. If you are headed to Malforten as well, we will be happy to walk with you."
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Woe wrote:===OOC===
Sanzaru has seen his fair share of villages burning. Can you describe the smoke? Is it village-sized burning or chimney-sized burning?

BTW, I'm assuming detect evil was a no.
===OOC===
The smoke is normal chimney smoke and yes there was no evil detected. Sorry.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

pebbles looks toward the smoke then back to the man, "Wonderful. We'll be sleeping in doors tonight. The road is a great adventure, but it is a bit lacking in civilized amenities. A bit of a rest here won't do us any harm, I do not think. So, to pass the time while I pack my pipe perhaps you can give us an update on whats been happening lately."

pebbles will then take out a fist sized (halfling fist that it) gnarl of a willow branch carved into the shape of a beer stein, a long narrow stem curl by natural growth protruded upwards. He'll pack a massive amount of dried leaf into the bowl and draw heavily as he strikes spark into the bowl. he'll listen attentively to the man as he pulls in a huge breath, then exhales a massive cloud of smoke.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

“Well”, he pauses and takes a deep breath. “It started over a year ago. This gnoll, seemingly from out of nowhere, starts raiding us regularly. We tried to defend ourselves” he points to the recent scar on his face, “but we’re mere farmers, not warriors, and though it pains us to say, we simply don’t have the resources to defeat him. It’s gotten to the point now that he simply walks in and demands ‘tribute’ from the town and takes whatever he wants. I, myself, have lost five cows in the past year to them goblins. I don’t know how much longer I can make it.”
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Pebbles puffs out a cloud as he nods his head. "I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune, but we'll put things to right soon enough. What resources do you believe the town will make available to us to achieve success in this endeavor? Room, board, supplies, weapons, manpower? That sort of thing?"
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

*Looking at the smoke trailing through the air Belle reaches for her own pipe and begins packing it* Five cows is a lot to lose for anyone.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Woe

Post by Woe »

If the farmer is not heading toward town, Greyhelm will strike out for town himself. He's confident that the elves will catch up, and there's warm ale waiting for him at the inn.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

The farmer shakes his head, "You will have to talk to Eryl about stuff like that. I've no idea what assistance they are able or willing to provide. He will be able to answer any other questions you might have."