Chapter 1:Mobilizing at Malforten

Blazeguard's forum for his play-by-post game.

Moderator: Blazeguard

Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 1:Mobilizing at Malforten

Post by Hywaywolf »

"well, good day to you then. I see that our friend is in a hurry to reach the town so we should be off with him. Thank you for your welcome. And thank you for your alert sentry duty," he says, the last bit to the boy and the dog. and off he goes a cloud of grey smoke following behind.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

“Good Luck!” the farmer calls as you turn and head down the road.

Your party makes their way eastward and catches up with Greyhelm just as he reaches the crest of the hill. From this vantage point you see two-dozen or so wood and stone houses with thatched roofs are huddled closely together on the upper banks of the Drunderry River and around the town, you see fields of grain spread out north and south of the village. You are also able to see more sparse groups of cattle grazing in the fields past the grain.

As you walk closer to the houses you begin to hear the ringing of a bell coming from the town. This starts with one single “clang” then a few seconds later eight sequential “clangs”. You can tell that the sequential ringing sounds like someone is deliberately rapping on a bell, and this is not a typical bell that you would hear ringing at the top of a church with a swinging clapper. The eight sequential tones happen 3 more times after a few seconds of silence between them.

As you travel down the hill towards town, you come to a fork in the road. Both pathways lead into town. There is no signage at the fork. One leads to the part of the grouping of houses to the south, the other to the north. You see a line of three houses before you, past the fork, with several trees around them. There also seem to be more trees on either side of each ‘fork.’

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggqxnhobnc8cl ... 20Town.png
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Belle looks to her companions I'm thinking we should check out what that bell ringing is all about?
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"A reasonable recommendation. I concur. Shall we sashay over there and discover its meaning?" Pebbles then continues walking toward the sound.
jcm

Post by jcm »

Mumford shrugs and will follow the rest.
Woe

Post by Woe »

"It's likely the sentries spotting us. I'm more concerned about something lurking in those trees. I don't want some overexcited kid lobbying arrows at us. Scouts, why don't you go ahead and scout things out for us? Three scouts, two roads..." Greyhelm stops, hoping the elves will figure out the rest on their own. Assuming they split up, he'll head down the road with the single scout.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"My good man. If you suspect a trap you go right ahead and look for one. I, for one, am entering this village like a civilized person. And not like some marauding raider."
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Ok, which road is everyone taking? :twisted:
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Belle turns and starts walking the road north. Come on Grey, I'll buy you a tall tankard of whatever the humans call beer if they don't have anything dark enough to be considered proper dwarven malt. First round is on me folks. After that you're on your own. Perhaps we'll run into the bell ringer on the way, if not I'm sure we'll find plenty of rumor and conversation at the inn.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Pebbles follows Belle hoping that north is in teh direction of the ringing.