Out of Character Chat

Blazeguard's forum for his play-by-post game.

Moderator: Blazeguard

jcm

Re: Out of Character Chat

Post by jcm »

To be honest I didn't feel like you fumbled at all. The only thing I think could be improved was the post frequency. But that's a given in online play, and may be something that has no solution.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

It's amazing how time can slip away from you but it's no different than a face-to-face game. If/When I GM another game I will make a commitment to post x number of times per week and schedule time to do just that.

Maybe it just felt like fumbling to me. I'm glad it didn't seem to show. :P
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I would post a lot more to this game but then I would overwhelm everyone. I have been waiting to post since your last update for someone else to make a post to keep this from being my direction all the time.

The biggest problem I see, and this is unfair but sadly true, is that a DM has to post more than everyone else in a PBP to keep it moving along. For me its not that big a problem because I check the forum multiple times a day and thusly can post as soon as something gets posted. Other people can't check the forum as often and may have a tendency to stretch that gap between checking when they find that no one has posted. That tends to make the posting gaps even longer.

At any rate, I am fine with the game but as you are stopping it I hope you keep me in mind if you start up another.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

I appreciate the feedback I've gotten so far and surprisingly (to me) it seems I was doing better than I thought.

One question that I hadn't even considered was whether you guys wanted to continue this game. I'm more than willing to continue the game as long as you are still enjoying it.

I will wait a week so that you can think about it and make sure that everyone has a chance to respond.

If the consensus is to continue I will commit to posting regularly - probably twice a week to start with and see about increasing that once I get into a regular posting routine.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
jcm

Post by jcm »

I want to see if Mumford gets to see civilization again.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I wish to continue.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Although I haven't been here long I also wish to continue.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

OK, let's get this train back on the track.

I am going to commit to posting twice a week to start with - on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. Depending on how things go I will see if I can increase that in the future.
I am also going to try to work on being more descriptive in my posts. I know some of my posts have been pretty bland so that is just something I want to concentrate on personally.
asacolips

Post by asacolips »

I wish to continue!

Life has been nuts for me lately because I've just started a new job and was out of state for several days. I'm working from home now though, so hopefully I can keep a closer eye on it. I've got an email notification set up on this sub-forum, but sometimes it combines multiple notifications into one email and I don't notice.

Sundays and Wednesdays sound like a plan to me! I'll see if I can make sure I've got actions queued up on Saturdays and Tuesdays. :mrgreen:
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

I have a meeting tomorrow right after work and won't be home until late so I will post on Thursday this week instead.