Looking for players

Blazeguard's forum for his play-by-post game.

Moderator: Blazeguard

Jandolar

Re: Looking for players

Post by Jandolar »

Could we use Smoots house rules for EXP with regards combination classes? His EXP tiers are well thought out. Just saying.

I'm thinking of running an Elf Scout/Druid. Would need to use the Scout and Druid Supplements. If this is ok I'll begin the character work up.

Also wondering how you'll want us to roll the dice or are you going to do that for us?

Thanks in advance.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I'm like smoot. I have 3 or 4 PBP games now (see I can't even remember how many I am in), but if you find yourself needing a player count me in. Also, when using that character generation chart for ability scores, it kind of sucks to be the 5th or 6th person to get to choose (if you only get to use each row once). with that said I will take row 16.

BTW, do you want us to just use the table for ability scores, or do the whole shebang?
seandon4

Post by seandon4 »

I'm also in Hyway and Smoot's boat. I'm in 3 pbps plus other games, but might be able to manage a 4th (that's the nice thing about pbp) if you need another player.

I personally like an element of chance and dice rolling; do you plan on using a dice roller or did you plan on rolling for the players during the game? -- same question as Jandalor; my vote would be for players to do their own rolls in-game.

Thank you
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I am opposed to players rolling in PBP. The game already moves to slow to have to wait for a person to say they want to do something, the dm say roll , and then the player to roll and then for the dm to log back in to see the roll and say what happens. With that said, I don't mind it so much on the roll20 pbp game I am in for things that I know i have to roll like attacks.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Hywaywolf wrote: with that said I will take row 16.
You're probably way too busy to get into another one. I'll step up and take ol' number 16 for the team. *lol*

I actually had to go look and see why 16 was so important.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

i mean, who wouldn't pick that if you can place anywhere
seandon4

Post by seandon4 »

Agreed that in pbp games that use a dice roller, usually players roll proactively, in anticipation, such as an attack roll as mentioned. But pbp with no roll posts is an option too.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

seandon4 wrote:Agreed that in pbp games that use a dice roller, usually players roll proactively, in anticipation, such as an attack roll as mentioned. But pbp with no roll posts is an option too.
Online, I just prefer to say what I want to do and let the GM for the game do all the various rolls on my behalf, just easier all around it seems.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

SmootRK wrote: Online, I just prefer to say what I want to do and let the GM for the game do all the various rolls on my behalf, just easier all around it seems.
I like this as well. Keeps things simple.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Alright, lots of questions. That's good, it shows interest.
Jandolar wrote:Could we use Smoots house rules for EXP with regards combination classes? His EXP tiers are well thought out. Just saying.
Sure.
Jandolar wrote: I'm thinking of running an Elf Scout/Druid. Would need to use the Scout and Druid Supplements. If this is ok I'll begin the character work up.
Sounds good.
Jandolar wrote:Also wondering how you'll want us to roll the dice or are you going to do that for us?
I like rolling dice as a player myself but I also realize that it can slow the game down as well. So far general consensus is fine with the GM rolling and it's seemed to work well in the games I'm currently playing in so I'm going to go with that (for now).
Hywaywolf wrote:BTW, do you want us to just use the table for ability scores, or do the whole shebang?
If you'd like to 'dress up' your character, go for it. If not, I'm not going to press you for a full history and bio.

I think that's all the questions that I saw. If I missed anything just post again.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.