Looking for players

Blazeguard's forum for his play-by-post game.

Moderator: Blazeguard

Hywaywolf

Re: Looking for players

Post by Hywaywolf »

smoot, have you ever played on roll20 or in any of the only 'desktops" like it? It is so easy for the player to roll just like at a table. When everyone is all logged on at the same time it goes pretty smoothly. Its just a game killer in PBP with how long it takes to do anything without adding in player rolling as well.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

My only concern with the Quick Character Creation is that although it does a fair job of outfitting folks it leaves room for a character to end up with weapons he/she may not want, armor he/she may not be able to use and a pack consisting of things that he/she may not want to buy. I'd rather use the starting gold from the BFRPG core rules and try to buy what I'll need but am open to anything.

Hywaywolf,
Although I'm not Smoot I'll chime in with a little plug for the roll20 dice tool. I'm actually starting to participate in my first roll20 game tonight (TONIGHT BABY!!!) and I've been messing with the tools for several weeks. The dice rolling is instant and easy.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Blazeguard wrote:Alright, lots of questions. That's good, it shows interest.
Jandolar wrote:Could we use Smoots house rules for EXP with regards combination classes? His EXP tiers are well thought out. Just saying.
Sure.
Jandolar wrote: I'm thinking of running an Elf Scout/Druid. Would need to use the Scout and Druid Supplements. If this is ok I'll begin the character work up.
Sounds good.

That's awesome!
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Hywaywolf wrote:smoot, have you ever played on roll20 or in any of the only 'desktops" like it? It is so easy for the player to roll just like at a table. When everyone is all logged on at the same time it goes pretty smoothly. Its just a game killer in PBP with how long it takes to do anything without adding in player rolling as well.
Never played in a live online game... erratic schedule pretty much precludes participation in regularly scheduled things. I often work nights/weekend/and various odd hours; such is how healthcare treats me. So no experience in such games.

My stupid schedule even makes regular gaming group basically impossible for me :cry:
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

SmootRK wrote:
My stupid schedule even makes regular gaming group basically impossible for me :cry:
Oh that sucks. After reading your house rules I kind of thought you'd have a weekly, if not by-weekly, group running. I do miss the hell out of college days and gaming 5 or 6 nights a week. Hmmm..... which is probably why I never got that darn degree finished. :oops:
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Jandolar wrote:
SmootRK wrote:
Oh that sucks. After reading your house rules I kind of thought you'd have a weekly, if not by-weekly, group running. I do miss the hell out of college days and gaming 5 or 6 nights a week. Hmmm..... which is probably why I never got that darn degree finished. :oops:
Yeah, I wish it were different, but between awkward hours and young family (kids 11, 9, 6 years old) there is little opportunity. I am thinking it will get substantially better next year when all kids are in school full day and I can get more normal hours for work (and a better career path overall).
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Jandolar wrote:My only concern with the Quick Character Creation is that although it does a fair job of outfitting folks it leaves room for a character to end up with weapons he/she may not want, armor he/she may not be able to use and a pack consisting of things that he/she may not want to buy. I'd rather use the starting gold from the BFRPG core rules and try to buy what I'll need but am open to anything.
Oops, thanks for reminding me. Just use the Quick Character Generation for the stat blocks (and background if you want). Roll for starting gold as per the core rules and everyone will get max HP for 1st level.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

have you decided where we will be playing it? Here? Roll20? If here, then just roll my coin for me and tell me what I got :).
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

We'll be playing here. I'd prefer to keep things as simple and familiar as possible for my first game.

I've pm'd Solo to set up a thread for the game so when that's done we can start the character creation, etc. over there.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Blazeguard wrote:We'll be playing here. I'd prefer to keep things as simple and familiar as possible for my first game.

I've pm'd Solo to set up a thread for the game so when that's done we can start the character creation, etc. over there.
How are we going to pick who goes first when picking the QCG slots for stats?
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18